Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

This comment is in no way meant to underestimate your skills and experience. They are beyond question.

Thanks, but no need to bring that up first.

But it doesn't give you free license to jump all over someone else's post when you want.

Your 'missed the point' point missed the point, deliberately, and it is just more spin, which has gone some way to hurt this thread.

Again, HT situation is not conjecture, and it was a point well made quite necessarily ages ago - so everyone give it a rest.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks, but no need to bring that up first.

The first comment was not meant as a sop to soften the second. Your talent and experience is well known and appreciated. The comment was genuine. My point was that this was not the place to get into this. We could have learned something valuable about 'to AM or not to AM...that is the question', or whatever. Perhaps you'd be willing to start a new thread regarding this. Please respond. I don't want to be accused of trying to get the last word in :)

Fair enough Graham, but "to AM or not to AM" is not conjecture... In the case of HT=On, to allow the first two P3D threads to occupy one HT enabled core reduces the throughput available to those two threads, one being the main P3D thread that we want to give full priority to. Secondly, irrespective of HT=On we don't want to allow too many threads unless we have very high main thread throughput, 5 is enough 7 too much for CPUs around now. Both require an AM setting. If you want to know more then please pose a question on the forums, or PM me, I'll be pleased to help answer it.

Now this is my last post on the discussion in hand:

I agree, the explanation could be better.

Seems fair to say I have moved on.

Works great on my gaming laptop, huge jump with the 777.

Glad it works best on the most hardcore complex models since they need it the most.

Haven't tested for blurred yet but there is no reason this should cause them from optimising the model. If anything blurring would only be caused by higher frame rate or incorrect fibre frame fraction tweak that doesn't match your new.performance.

Works great on my gaming laptop, huge jump with the 777.

Glad it works best on the most hardcore complex models since they need it the most.

Haven't tested for blurred yet but there is no reason this should cause them from optimising the model. If anything blurring would only be caused by higher frame rate or incorrect fibre frame fraction tweak that doesn't match your new.performance.

I would like to emphasise that you said care must also be taken with the expected frame rate, which I would interpret as either setting it too high or using unlimited fps setting. Good call Dan.

Guys,

We'll need further guidance from LM on this if there's something that needs fixing - our models most certainly are optimized to reduce draw calls and our P3D models are not just the FSX ones thrown into the P3D folder - they were adjusted and exported using the P3D specific tools provided in the P3D SDK. If there's something LM's realtime optimizer is doing that we don't know about then they will need to make that information public so that we (and other devs) know about it.

Hi Ryan, I think because this tweak spends time optimising parts, that is, it creates a simpler set of meshes that can be drawn quicker in the end, it would seem simply that since the PMDGs are more complex, there is a better chance they will benefit more from the setting anyway. No fault of the PMDG model design itself.

Hi Ryan

Another night of no sleep Steve - dont know how you do it

Rich Sennett

Another night of no sleep Steve - dont know how you do it

I drink lots of cups of tea Rich, but anyway, it's only 2:47am. Always appreciate your support brother.

I have found a downside.   It's minor.  With this tweak on, for some reason, default Jetways when you call them with CTRL-J, do not complete their animation.  They get stuck and just vibrate in a spazzed out animation kind of way for me.  They never complete the journey to my door on my 737.   With it off the jetways work fine so I believe this is doing something to the door points that the Jetway relies on to align themselves when you call them.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I drink lots of cups of tea Rich, but anyway, it's only 2:47am. Always appreciate your support brother.

Tea will work for sure - stronger than coffee - your welcome Steve

I have found a downside.   It's minor.  

Interesting find Brian - thinking there may be more things that popup - but as far as jetways I 'm ok with that as I dont use them very often actually maybe twice since I started simming

Rich Sennett

Second test: Got 39 FPS at FSDreamTeam CYVR Gate 45. Looking out windshield of Aerosoft A320.

HI,

I also see a large FPS improvement on my T7 (about 20 to 30).

Has anyone tested with an older but equally complex aircraft like Coolsky DC-9? I have not flyed this since maybe v2.2..., if the tweak works great on DC-9, maybe it is a time to get this back in!

Wow, I can't wait to try this out tonight.   This hobby keeps getting better and better.