Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I have been using this tweak with Windows 8.1 and have had absolutely no issues with crashing.  

Ryan

This is brilliant. Just quick and dirty tests, haven't tried a full flight yet but here's some comparisons

NGX

optimize_parts = 0

VsDL5By.jpg

optimize_parts = 1

Z9rpQEQ.jpg

Same boost with the 777

0CVq9H8.jpg

I also tried the Turbine Duke V2 and saw a very slight FPS increase (2-3 fps)

zgotNsc.jpg

I tested with UsePools and took screenshots, no discernible difference so I left it off.

Big thanks to Christian for discovering this!

Chaps, does anyone know how to do what is displayed here, with minimum, average and max FPSs displayed? I don't seem to get that in my P3D?

Thanks!

Simon

Chaps, does anyone know how to do what is displayed here, with minimum, average and max FPSs displayed? I don't seem to get that in my P3D?

Thanks!

Simon

Hey Simon,

Look in [TextInfo.x] in your Prepar3D.cfg file. There will probably be [TextInfo.1], 2, and 3. I won't get into everything you can do here. AverageFrameRate will give you min/avg/max frame rates. See the example below. I used the TextInfo.3 section. In this example, AverageFrameRate will show on the far right of line 2 (2,5), when you press SHIFT + Z the third time (TextInfo.3):

[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
<this is the one you want to add>  AverageFrameRate=2,5

Hi Graham,

Thanks for that exhaustive reply.

And FWIW I tried enabling the Optimize Dense Clouds options tonight, and I think it's made a difference in overcast conditions, but that may be a placebo. I'll do some more exhaustive tests tomorrow night when I'll try out the above.

Thanks again!

Simon

Hi Graham,

Thanks for that exhaustive reply.

And FWIW I tried enabling the Optimize Dense Clouds options tonight, and I think it's made a difference in overcast conditions, but that may be a placebo. I'll do some more exhaustive tests tomorrow night when I'll try out the above.

Thanks again!

Simon

No sweat :)

Did OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS increase or decrease overcast? If so, did it affect performance?

Thanks.

Hi Graham,

To be honest my testing wasn't that scientific, but if I had to say I'd guess that it didn't really change the overcast (although I was flying in fog so hard to be sure), but I did see an improvement in performance. I'll do more testing when I get back from the shops!

OK,

I've had time to test this proper.

FTX England,

P3D 2.5

Global, Vector, FS Ultimate (all made immaterial by the presence of England)

ASN installed but not running.

Midday, 'Building Storms Weather theme', Aerosoft A320 (current) with BA livery. Load 'take off state'. Go. FPS recorded at undercarriage fully retracted, 20 seconds after takeoff:

Optimize Parts=0
Optimize Dense Clouds=0
Min/Avg/Max
21.0/30.6/42.1

Optimize Parts=0
Optimize Dense Clouds=1
Min/Avg/Max
24.4/32.4/46.1

Optimize Parts=1
Optimize Dense Clouds=0
Min/Avg/Max
24.3/35.5/52.7

Optimize Parts=1
Optimize Dense Clouds=1
Min/Avg/Max
20.4/33.3/54

I think the last test's minimum FPS was a minor anomolly, but generally speaking each of the settings improved performance somewhat.

4790k @ 4.7
290X @ 1150MHz
16GB 2400 RAM
1TB SSD

HTH

Simon

Strange results on them both on.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi

i tried yesterday Optimize Parts=1 with A2A aicrafts (FSX imported not native) in Orbx PNW Seattle and it seems to improve perfomance of about 3-4FPS (which is very good!).

I'm still not sure and i have to test it further, anyone tryed OP=1 with A2A aicrafts? 

The strange thing i noticed is that it seems to help with blurries, because i can now put FFTF=0.01 and have no blurries and that was not possibile before OP=1.

Probably it is because i have locked FPS to 30 and so the extra FPS from OP go to texture loading in wild areas (i have more issues with blurries loading rocks on montain regions) 

This could confirm that OP=1 really works also for GA aircrafts... but it must be tested more

tks for this Tweak!

The value defaults to zero once you start P3D.

Which value?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Which value?

Apologies, I was following on from the OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS discussion. If you set OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1 it defaults back to OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0 when you restart P3D

Is it just me, or is this tweak making FFTF=0.01 work really good. No more blurries, and A321 is working very nice with my 2500k CPU.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Apologies, I was following on from the OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS discussion. If you set OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1 it defaults back to OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0 when you restart P3D

Weird. That's not my experience. Mine 'sticks' and stays stuck...