Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

P3D 2.5, REX soft clouds & FSGRW

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I really like how REX´s soft clouds look in P3D 2.5 with FS Global Real Weather providing the WX.

Here are some pics from my latest FSE flight, enroute to EGXH:

cwwyce31bybv9xu6s.jpg

cwwyevh7gha09v9qs.jpg

cwwyf40y4466gyfpw.jpg

cwwztiovurx5013is.jpg

I also have them and love them.  Great shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Great shots - FS Global Real Weather is nice program from what I saw in demo

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75

Thanks guys!

I like FSGRW as well. But especially with REX Soft Clouds and in P3D 2.5, it creates some very convincingly looking weather!

Nice shots. And FSGRW to me depicts weather extremely well. Not just fluffy eye candy cumulus all the time.

Yes ASN still use way to much cumulus clouds and especially in P3D you get this ugly cotton ball sky.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Guest Mik75

Thank you!

Another great feature of FSGRW are the local weather things like challenging winds at LOWI, LPMA, etc.

Great shots!  I will seriously consider getting the soft clouds package now.  I want to know about performance impact of them first, hence the wait.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

At the risk of appearing a little dense, I don't quite understand when to select or change the different sets of cloud textures that Rex provides.  I think there are 16 of them.  Is it purely aesthetic preference?  Are you trying to match the expected whether on your route?  How often do you change your selections?

Thanks,

Jeff Callender

Guest Mik75

I tried of few of them and liked the first one, and that's what I use all the time. Normally, I don't change settings, cloud textures, etc. too often! ;-)