Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Bad news for UTX V2 Canada

Well this in not the best news but here goes quote from simforums

The decision to create a UTX Canada V2 really is not ours (Scenery Solutions).   I will explain.

I love the commercial data we get for Canada from DMTI Spatial.   DMTI Spatial is based in Canada, has the best data for Canada and is a pure joy to work with.   I would not use any other product in Canada.

As much as I like DMTI, I feel bad that the royalties for Canada never matched expectations. And, this was back when the FSX market was booming and UTX was the only product of it's kind available.

The FSX market is now much smaller and there is more competition.    I would be more than happy to develop a new UTX Canada V2.   But, getting a license for the Canadian data now is just not feasible.

Rich Sennett

That is a bummer.  

I just got UTX 2.0 for Europe and the U.S. (after using Orbx global and vector (and Europe LC).  I LOVE the UTX product.  Sad to not fly my home country the way it should be...

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, UTX will not be feasible for me. No knock against the product. Hopefully the author will find a way and I'll be able to make the purchase at some point in the future.

I thought they were planning on using the data they already have and just making it compatible with P3D? Or is that still in the cards?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I am also disappointed. I find UTX to be a great product but fly mostly between Canada and USA . Can UTX Ver1.2 Canada be used in conjunction with UTX Ver 2 USA and if so are there install issues?

I agree with the suggestion that a P3D installer be developed for their Canada Ver1.2...better than nothing and would attract more Canadian customers to UTX 2 USA.

Bob

From Allen at UTX:

+++ However, I do want to get UTX Canada updated to add the new Autogen Lighting tool and also support for P3D, Steam, etc. In order to keep all the version numbers consistent, we will probably call this UTX Canada V2.0. However, I would not plan on charging customers an upgrade fee, unless we decide to put a substantial amount work into it (new features, replacing roads, etc).

And, if we can somehow get updated data for Canada licensed again, what I just said would change and we would release a new product. I don't think getting the data licensed again is likely.

What is more likely is that we create an Xtreme Cities product for Canada, which we have discussed in the past.+++

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

From Allen at UTX:

Vic

You beat me to it Vic - thanks bro - I hope this happens

Rich Sennett

Thanks guys.

Good stuff, especially knowing that a Canadian extreme cities is a possibility.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks guys.

Lets hope this becomes reality as I will be happy with that as I fly mostly at dawn and dusk and the lights are a big factor as I am not that picky about the other details but that being said we would need a new installer for V1 with lights upgrades thats for sure

Rich Sennett

OK...would I be far off the mark in saying that UTX Canada 2.0 would be a product that is:

-compatible with P3D 2.x

-has upgraded lighting

-meshes with the other version 2 regions

-uses older vector and landclass data from version 1

Thanks

By the way, what is Extreme Cites?

I asked the original question of UT2 for Canada on the Simforums site and hope that others that would like to see the product might chime in with support.   As a long time supported for the UTX series, I really hope they might reconsider.   If you'd like to see an update, please chime in.  

JH 

OK...would I be far off the mark in saying that UTX Canada 2.0 would be a product that is:

By the way, what is Extreme Cites?

Graham I think you have explained perfectly - maybe Allen will drop by and back this up - Extreme cities are updated cities in regions as they have not done Boston I have not thought about a purchase yet as they only have one region done right now

USA SouthCentral 

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/category.php?id=13

• Arlington, Tx
  • Baton Rouge, La
  • Austin, Tx
  • Corpus Christi, Tx
  • Dallas, Tx
  • El Paso, Tx
  • Fort Worth, Tx
  • Galveston, Tx
  • Garland, Tx
  • Houston, Tx