Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Bad news for UTX V2 Canada

I asked the original question of UT2 for Canada on the Simforums site and hope that others that would like to see the product might chime in with support.   As a long time supported for the UTX series, I really hope they might reconsider.   If you'd like to see an update, please chime in.  

JH 

Can you post the thread? I'll chime in. That along with support from Rick might move things along.

USA SouthCentral 

How resource hungry are they?

Can you post the thread? I'll chime in. That along with support from Rick might move things along.

How resource hungry are they?

Here you go Buddy

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic51934_post324012.html#324012

As I dont really have a need for those areas I have not purchased them but will be interested in the North East 

Here you go nice video of it in action - also those are V1 lights by the way - V2 is a bit different - bit more colorful actually - bit less red lights but another option to resemble that look will be offered in the future 

hers one by Brian - He needs TUX V2 USA to go along with it - great job Brian

Rich Sennett

Here you go Buddy

Thanks. That is some good stuff. I'd be interested in US Northeast as well. What airports to you use around home? I have KJFK and freeware Phlli.

Thanks. That is some good stuff. I'd be interested in US Northeast as well. What airports to you use around home? I have KJFK and freeware Phlli.

Flytampa KBOS - which will go nicely with my Flytampa Toronto and Montreal - Fsdreamteam Vancouver - just the right amount of time for a flight - 3 hour flights are not for me :) I also have all of the fsdreamteam KJFK offerings

Rich Sennett

Flytampa KBOS - which will go nicely with my Flytampa Toronto and Montreal - Fsdreamteam Vancouver - just the right amount of time for a flight - 3 hour flights are not for me :) I also have all of the fsdreamteam KJFK offerings

How is KBOS in P3D? I noticed on their site it stops at FSX SP2. I always enjoyed flying into Logan in the RW. Love Boston completely.

http://www.esri.com/news/arcnews/winter0708articles/canadian-national-road.html

I have no idea why someone would pay for any GIS data for Canada or the US.

I've worked with the newer publicly available Canadian data extensively in particular areas, and I very much agree with this statement.  I've done a few small regions for my own use, extending a certain products' regional coverage eastward by a province... ^_^

Short of building footprints, I can't imagine any additional requirements for a data source anyone could ever want.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I think at one point, getting accurate, consistent and up to date road data was a challenge, even in the US and Canada. But those days are long gone. And as to Digital Elevation Models, hydrography and land class, the US and Canadian government's datasets have alway been the benchmark by which all other datasets are judged.

How is KBOS in P3D? I noticed on their site it stops at FSX SP2. I always enjoyed flying into Logan in the RW. Love Boston completely.

KBOS works fine in P3D no difference - but it is dated - we really need a newer version of a popular airport - I work in Boston and when the wind is right they fly right in front of my window - cool - just couple of years back my brother's company plowed all of Logan airport - good thing it wasn't this year - the snow year from hell

Rich Sennett

Canada UTXv2 buy that before extreme cities as being in Minnesota some of us do fly in Canada.

1+

Rich Sennett

Given that 75% of the Canadian population lives within about 100 miles of the US border, there no real need to extend scenery well north.  Taking it up to 1000-1500km /650-900miles  would cover a significant part of flying into major and regional centers. Not sure how much the previous UTX Canada V1 covered, but I would b e a buyer for prepar3d thats for sure. So hopefully something can be worked out given the data is readily avail it seems

Extreme cities looks like a nice touch, but if your flying complex aircraft and complex airports, then they would best be used if and when p3d 64bit comes out otherwise it looks to be resource intensive and asking for ooms unless you really tone down your quality.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Wow... These look awesome! Definitely will be getting it, I think...

One question though, When you say "that's v1 lighting" is it because this product is olver and not up to v2 standards?

I tried out Extreme Cities SW.  Loved it but had huge VAS issues with it, especially around Dallas.  Maybe it had to do with the fact that I have Orbx Vector/Global?  Not sure but support was unable to help.  :(

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM