Sign in to follow this  
Timmy74

AP is 180 degrees out of whack...!?!

Hi guys,

Does anyone else have this issue??  No matter what I set (HDG or NAV) the aircraft will turn 180 degrees to setting?  #####!?!

Mmm, not seeing that one myself.

What I have noticed though is that pressing the CDI button to change between NAV/GPS doesn't always work in this aircraft.   Using the FSX default shortcut for the NAV/GPS switch (which I have assigned to SHIFT+CTRL+N) always works, so perhaps try that, and see if your nav issues are resolved.

Timmy, feel free to post some screenshots from before activating the AP and after. Maybe we can spot an error.

On my end, she so far turned to where she was commanded, so I cannot confirm an issue re: AP logic (which should be default FSX' logic as Craig correctly points out).

Hi guys,

Here are some screen shots. I set up my flight and once I get "clean" and turn towards my heading, I engage AP which then turns 180 and flys away from where I want to go...?

GPS/NAV

DA42GPS.jpg

HDG

DA42HDG.jpg

VOR1/NAV

DA42NAVVOR1.jpg

Its got me stumped!?!?  

I assume this is the only plane showing such an offset, yes? Does pressing D solve anything for you? Are you running any mods for the magdec.bgl?

Well, there also is a chance that some gauge file got corrupted. If you already tried a reinstall of the plane, with right clicking on the installer and choosing 'run as admin' while also setting your antivirus to off, I'm running out of ideas. :unsure:

I assume this is the only plane showing such an offset, yes? Does pressing D solve anything for you? Are you running any mods for the magdec.bgl?

Well, there also is a chance that some gauge file got corrupted. If you already tried a reinstall of the plane, with right clicking on the installer and choosing 'run as admin' while also setting your antivirus to off, I'm running out of ideas. :unsure:

Hello CoolP,

Strange hey! Well to answer your questions yes this is the only aircraft I have, that has this issue. What does pressing "D" do? I am not running any mods for the "magdec.bgl"?  I just installed the aircraft and went flying....

Next thing would be as you suggested -maybe a gauge file corrupted- and reinstall her?  I run all my installs as "admin" and I have no antivirus turned on.  

I will reinstall her and let you know how I get along....  Thank you for your help on this pickle and "watch this space".

What does pressing "D" do?

This is the default FS key command for reseting the gyro / heading instrument.

Must admit, I'm stumped on this one too.

Can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall seeing this while developing autopilot code and the internal FSX variables aren't in sync with what the gauge expects them to be.

Try loading a default aircraft and ensure that the autopilot and flight director are off before loading this plane.

Thanks for helping, Craig. Should have explained it ('D') before I advise it. :blush:

I run all my installs as "admin" and I have no antivirus turned on.

Good habit, at least in case of our fancy flight sim addons. ^_^

I am not running any mods for the "magdec.bgl"?

Guess I missed explaining that one too. That's a file defining the magnetic declination variation values and some users, like me, are using a more modern version than the 2005 or so file from FSX. So the declination would be different but shouldn't result in errors like the ones you are describing. I was asking just in case.

lzamm, that sounds like some valuable input. Could this also arise from using a "wrong" startup situation? Means something else than that default trike. Wouldn't be the first plane to be sensible regarding the startup situation. Looking at you Flight1 G1000 thingies! :P

I shall add the tip to make sure that, right after you've started the sim, that default trike is rotating in the preview window, so no switch or system is compromised. Talking about the FSX case, maybe P3D uses another startup plane.

Can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall seeing this while developing autopilot code and the internal FSX variables aren't in sync with what the gauge expects them to be.

Try loading a default aircraft and ensure that the autopilot and flight director are off before loading this plane.

Hello Izamm,

My "default" flight is a default aircraft in a "Cold and Dark" state with everything turned off.

Thank you both Craig and CoolP for you help in this matter. I have tried downloading another copy of the DA-42 from Alabeo but it tells me I have no more copies to download...!?!!?  I have sent them a message to try and rectify my pickle.

Stay tuned....

My "default" flight is a default aircraft in a "Cold and Dark" state with everything turned off.

Can you go with the "real" default flight mentioned in my previous post? 'Everything turned off' might lead you to the problem you are describing and this wouldn't be the first plane to develop problems because of a custom startup situation.

Perhaps backup your current startup flight and then let the sim revert back to its Trike at Friday Harbor situation.

Can you go with the "real" default flight mentioned in my previous post? 'Everything turned off' might lead you to the problem you are describing and this wouldn't be the first plane to develop problems because of a custom startup situation.

Perhaps backup your current startup flight and then let the sim revert back to its Trike at Friday Harbor situation.

I'll give it a go.  

Hi,

The same thing happened to me right after I started flying this thing.  Never could figure it out.  After reloading it and flying it later on it seems to have fixed itself.  Has been ok ever since.

Jim

I don't have the aircraft and I use FS9, but a long shot suggestion......could it be an addon scenery is causing your problem ?

I know in FS9 I had a similar issue after installing a freeware scenery, which does not have to be in the area you are actually flying in. It caused my heading to go bonkers until I uninstalled it.

Perhaps you could try deactivating (not uninstalling) all your recently added addon scenery to see if it is a culprit.

Peter Schluter

I got a response from Alabeo about this one...

"This problem is caused by the Gyro Drift and it can solved by pressing D or disabling this option on the realism setting option under aircraft menu."

I know Craig had suggested this one and I had tried it to no avail. So I had (two days ago) re-downloaded and re-installed the aircraft and seem to be not having this issue any more.  I guess this problem is solved....
Thank you all for you input and If anyone else is getting this issue just do what Alabeo suggests.

Now to get some hours up on this one.

Cheers,

Tim...