Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

UK Airspace Project

As most people are aware, the default data shipped with FSX/P3D dates back to 2006 at the latest and probably some before that!

For the past couple of months I have been quietly working on a not so little project to update the airspace in FSX/P3D so that it matches the real world as defined in the UK AIP.

AVSIM wont let me post images - my blog with further details is here: http://www.flightsimscenery.blogspot.co.uk/

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

As most people are aware, the default data shipped with FSX/P3D dates back to 2006 at the latest and probably some before that!

This is my project.

Category Name Author Size DLs Added  Get.png View.png  Flight Simulator X - Miscellaneous Files BNX Italy Boundary Airspace - AIRAC 05 MAR 2015 Giovanni Miduri 5679k 684 06-Mar-2015

You consider that even P3D has the same database !!!!!

The problem is how to make compatible the various updates if you do not completely change the basic structure of World1.bgl?

That is indeed a good question. It would be useful if data had been in country specific files but it isn't :(

I would plump for trying to separate BNXWorld0, BNXWorld1 etc (need to consider the file that contains the center airspace data as well as I have altered that as well.), into country areas, but I'm not sure how that could be accomplished off the top of my head? K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I think the way forward would be to keep one updated set of default files with any default data relating to updated regions deleted.  Any updated regions would then be added back in completely separate and distinguishable scenery files.  That way, the only co-ordination required is for deletions to be made to the default files when a new region is updated.

Thinking back on it, that was my precise intent when I initially removed all the default data for the UK.  Firstly, it would be a blank canvas on which to start, and secondly, it would not require me to go in and produce multiple different versions of the default bgl's every time I added something new to my project.

The solution therefore to our problem is either:

a.) you take my amended default files and further remove any default data you have updated; or

b.) I take your amended default files and remove all the UK default data

Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

The solution therefore to our problem is either:

a.) you take my amended default files and further remove any default data you have updated; or

b.) I take your amended default files and remove all the UK default data

In theory and in practice this is possible. I can give you my World0 and world1.

I have published my work on AVSIM I keep updated ... everything manually (no parser) I do not have the right skills to do it.

Another consideration, if one day turns up another project for another country ... we do it all again.

Then there is to say another variable: the reliability in the insertion of new data.

Cheers Giovanni

Updated new files available depicting EGMC Southend new class D airspace and more (effective today)

http://flightsimscenery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/uk-airspace-project-updates.html

xaP1VAU.png

In theory and in practice this is possible. I can give you my World0 and world1.

I have published my work on AVSIM I keep updated ... everything manually (no parser) I do not have the right skills to do it.

Another consideration, if one day turns up another project for another country ... we do it all again.

Then there is to say another variable: the reliability in the insertion of new data.

Cheers Giovanni

Hi Gio, I'll have a look at your files when I get chance, did you just take everything default out? I can send you my spreadsheet if you think it will help you? As for the reliability of new data, well it will be in completely separate files and will have to be the responsibility of whoever does the next country?

Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

Hello Kevin,
See my updated files BNXWorld 0.bgl and BNXWorld1.bgl with your comfortable. You can take them in my last version of AvSim or I can send you my xml file (tell me how). Regarding your spreadsheet I'm grateful for sending.
I have a point to make the BNX purified default data (as I think even your own) have been purified only data relating to Italy so when I install your updated BNX should also update my original BNX removing not only data default Italian but also those for the United Kingdom.
If this is not done we would have an overlap.
I hope to have made a good idea of what I mean.

Cheers Gio

This link might be useful if I'm understanding properly what you are trying to accomplish.

Sorry, with a re-read it appears I didn't at first understand at all, my bad!

Edited by propsfan

New updated files available from http://www.flightsimscenery.BlogSpot.com - Direct link: https://www.dropbox....230715.rar?dl=0

Changes:

AERODROME TRAFFIC ZONES (ATZ)

Effective: 25/06/2015

Details:AERODROME TRAFFIC ZONES (ATZ)

Coningsby - delete 120.800, insert 124.675

SYERSTON

Effective: 30/04/2015

Details:SYERSTON

Change frequency for glider site at 530124N 0005442W from 125.425 MHz to 128.525 MHz.

AERODROME TRAFFIC ZONES (ATZ)

Details:AERODROME TRAFFIC ZONES (ATZ)

Remove Wyton ATZ.

SHOBDON (EGBS)

Effective: 23/07/2015

Details:SHOBDON (EGBS)

A/G service to be removed. Amend entry in ATZ list in Legend to read "SHOBDON (EGBS)..... AFIS 123.500".

WITTERING (EGXT)

Effective: 23/07/2015

Details:WITTERING (EGXT)

Change frequency for military aerodrome at 523645N 0002836W from 125.525 to 119.675.

ATS ROUTE N42

Details:ATS ROUTE N42

Lower limit of airway raised to FL145 along whole length.

ATS ROUTE L175

Effective: 28/05/2015

Details:ATS ROUTE L175

L175 is to be redesignated as P2.

IRELAND

Effective: 28/05/2015

Details:IRELAND

ATS ROUTE L175

Lower ATS route L175 will be renamed P2.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin

Where do I put the files? Do I put them in addon scenery/foldername

Or somewhere else? You're readme doesn't specify where they go :(

Ah sorry! This is just an service update pack to my previous files :) I'll put a link up to a zip with a full set of files later today, including instructions.

Most files go in an active scenery folder, but a couple replace default files. K

xaP1VAU.png

Ah sorry! This is just an service update pack to my previous files :) I'll put a link up to a zip with a full set of files later today, including instructions.

Most files go in an active scenery folder, but a couple replace default files. K

xaP1VAU.png

Please see updated link now with full file set and install instructions included.

Cheers K

http://flightsimscenery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/uk-airspace-update-230715.html

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin

Looks interesting, quick question where do you place ENR5.1 Prohibited and ENR5.1 Danger areas BGL's?

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image