Sign in to follow this  
RogerD

LOC problem

Since I installed the update for the 737 I now have a problem hooking up to the LOC .I have flown many many flights before the update and never had a problem it keeps changing the course I enter and I even did other runways and it will do the same also never get the diamonds for the glide slope or the loc . any help would be great .Thanks in advance  This is FSX coarse is entered and radio is tuned

Roger  Deloge :Cuppa:

"Since I installed the update for the 737 I now have a problem hooking up to the LOC ."

That's not good!

What I would do is a quick testing of the approach feed and capture with .. like a cessna and see if the sim and airport afcad is OK.

Question .. was the course it selected a Back CRS or just another random number?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Back CRS one random another .I just flew a short flight to KPVD airport and once I turned on final and actvated the LOC it worked fine .It hooked up and GS was ok . I did 2 flights last night at KLGA and that is where the problem occured .Did 2 different runways and the same thing both times .Maby KLGA the problem?

"Back CRS one"

Yep.

Ok, I had this once since ver 1D (FSX) ..

So, something is going on here.

OP mentioned:"Since I installed the update for the 737 I now have a problem hooking up to the LOC .I have flown many many flights before the update and never had a problem it keeps changing the course I enter"

And the PFD annunciated a BK CRS also ... so the logic just did a "flip" on its own.

I had not reported it pending more test flights.

Best Regards,

One other thing .Is there a way to prevent this from entering backcourse? if indeed that is the problem.

I did another LOC intercept/ILS/Autoland test .. I had PMDG option (FMC setup) to AutoTune the LOC ... so I turned that OFF for next tests.

This test was good.

Best Regards,

Is that the answer for the problem have you done anymore flights with it off? I did a flight today and had another problem .I think I will turn it off also and see