Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

offline mode

Hi

With fsx se being able to run in an offline mode ,I was wondering if the same is possible with the xplane version?

cheers

Pete Little

of course. u don't need an internet connection to play offline. u just need an internet connection to get the updates

Perhaps this is a question related to the Steam version?

Yes the steam version,sorry I should have been more clear.

Pete Little

I think I saw a similar question in another thread.  You might try searching for "Steam" and see what others have found.  I don't use Steam for my sims.

steam allows you to play offline games . you don't need to be on the internet to play steam games

With steam online, go to the friends option in the top bar, and click offline. Then you should be able to start even if disconnected from Internet. I tried it by turning my modem off, X-Plane starts just fine. I found this out by searching on the steam discussion forum.

There are often little gems hidden in amongst all the juvenile game player foul language rubbish on Steam discussion topics about X-Plane. 

There are often little gems hidden in amongst all the juvenile game player foul language rubbish on Steam discussion topics about X-Plane. 

Indeed, sometimes it is very frustrating trying to go through the hundreds of rubbish comments to find the one or two useful ones. I recently picked up Cities Skylines on Steam and have been trying to find a way to make it work offline.

Thanks for that guys

After posting on here I did carry on looking all over,

I saw the offline advise you have given and have tried that with success the only down side I also found is that steam seems to have a 2 week limit to being offline before it requires an internet connection for the games to work.

I believe there is a way to turn the steam version to the equivalent of the boxed version, will have to do some more research tho

Thanks though for the posts

rgds

Pete Little