Sign in to follow this  
chiozza

NO LOC or APR

I assume the waypoint that the aircraft turns before is part of the ILS Approach. What happens at the next waypoint on the ILS Approach?

Michael,

I think what is happening is that I am using an RNAV approach that has waypoints which are slightly different from the ILS approach waypoints.  (I would need to tune manually the ILS freq/course.) I'll see if I can find an example.

I think I tried to use the heading to intercept the approach but I will try again.

Chris,

Take a look at the magenta line on the ND in MAP mode and make sure you are actually crossing the extended runway line before you turn.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Members
88 posts
Joined 5 Years, 10 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

I run through the tutorial and had no problem using the LOC and APR. Now I have done 5 more flights and even though the frequencies are tuned the LOC and APR fail to engage.. The GS and Loc show up in the PFD as active? Help?

Reading through this thread I am a bit confused as to where the problem lies.  Does the FMA (top of PFD) show LOC and/or GS armed or active?  Are the loc or approach buttons on the MCP lit up or not? 

Chris, the best thing would be to add a screen shot showing the PFD, ND, and MCP when you are having the issue.  Also, a specific runway at a specific airport would help a lot -- in some cases problems can arise because of discrepancies between FSX data and PMDG FMC data (which is generally more up-to-date).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I did try to use the heading bug to intercept the ills but that did not work either. I am going to verify the freq. again and report back.

I did try to use the heading bug

I think you need to be in the other thread you started about this subject.

I think you need to be in the other thread you started about this subject.

+1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks, Mike. I still dont know why I could not see the original post.

Chris,

It's hard for people to help you when you keep switching threads.  Please go back to your newer thread,

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2