Sign in to follow this  
Skybluex25

FSX Service Packs Error

Currently, I am seeking to purchase the PMDG 737 NGX. However, I have a huge problem. I've noticed that it requires both Fsx service packs. The problem is that I am not able to install service pack 2.

Two years ago, I've successfully installed Fsx Gold Edition and Acceleration. I did not encounter any problems with them. However, recently, I had to uninstall them in order to refresh my computer (that was due to another unrelated problem). I was able to re-install Gold Edition, but not acceleration. I had no idea why, I just got an error message. Later on, I decided to install service pack 2 by itself. It did install, but when I start up FSX, it crashes. At the same time, I had many addons, but they were causing a texture problem with the sky. I uninstalled and re-installed FSX. Right now, I only have Gold Edition installed, with some addons that I am sure will cause no problems.

Sorry for the long story, but I am trying to be as specific as possible. Long story-short, I need help installing acceleration. I desperately want the NGX, but I'm am afraid it will cause further problems without the fsx service packs. Any help is appreciated.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong but I think the reason that you can't install acceleration or sp1/2 with gold is because fsx gold already has that included......

;-)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Your right Alex,  think his issue is  that he  cant  install  the accel  part of  the edition

Flight Simulator X GOLD Edition is the last version of Flight Simulator produced by the Microsoft/ACES team, and is still the "current" edition in the genre. The benefits of buying and using this simulator is primarily the very large number of add-on products and expansions available for thos simulator. It is Windows XP/Vista/7 and Windows 8 compatible and includes the Acceleration expansion disk in the box too.

Take to the skies again as “Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold” puts pilots back in the cockpit for more than 80 missions set all over the world. Want more? Try the thrilling multiplayer mode where you can race your friends for victory and bragging rights. “Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold” delivers that sense of immersive realism that only the award-winning Flight Simulator series brings to flight sim fans. And with advanced DX10 graphics, heading into the wild blue yonder has never looked so good.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I don't think that's quite true.

The service packs are part of the acceleration disk in the gold edition so if he can't install the acceleration pack he has no service packs.

I have had an issue with installing FSX gold (2 disks) and had to copy both disks to my hard drive before it would install properly.

You could try that. Also it would help if you could post the error you're getting.

I don't think that's quite true.

What is not  true  that he cant  install   the accel part of his issue or that he  cant install sp1  and sp2  which he  doesn't need to do since he has  the accel pack with the gold  addition?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry, what I meant was : He has FSX Gold which is a 2 disk installation : 1: FSX and 2: Acceleration which contains SP1 and SP2

So, if you can't install Acceleration you don't have the service packs which is what you said in the first place.

My remark was aimed at Alex because his post seems to suggest that you only need the FSX disk from the gold edition, which is not true if you want the service packs.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to see if this works later on. I also managed to come up with a theory on it doesn't work: Maybe the registration on acceleration is already active, similar to error 1722 when installing gold edition. I'm going to see if I can find the codes (even though I'm bad with computers). Also if it helps, I meant that I had success installing deluxe edition which comes with gold. I'm having problems installing acceleration. Also, if I can recall, the installation process crashed, while it was doing something with DirectX10. I'm not sure which number error message I received. I am also running this on Windows 8.

Sorry, I actually am not referring to the PMDG service packs, as I am yet to purchase it. When I uninstall FSX, I do it through install wizard.

Install Deluxe Edition then run.  No need to create a flight.  Exit and install Accelleration.  Follow PMDG guidelines for uninstalling and reinstalling.  If this does not work, you may need to uninstall then remove FSX entries from the registry, but that is not usually needed.

Oh, and before I install acceleration, do I need to uninstall the other addon's?

Great news!: I have installed acceleration without a hitch. Thanks to everybody who tried to help me. What is strange is that I completely installed acceleration to see what error message I got, but luckly I did not receive any. It seems like I got a random crash when I originally tried to install it. Now I can finally get the NGX! Thanks!