Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

Is He Kidding?

I was reading the Eaglesoft Beech400A review on allnodesarebusy and I came across this:"The Premier is best described as being on a level with the default FS jets, but since there are developers out there trying to sell much worse designs as payware, it is generous of Eaglesoft to throw it in."DEFAULT FS Jets?!Is it that bad? I thought that plane looked awesome, the VC, panel, model, is it as mediocre as the default FS jets?Jason :-wave

I looked at the panel screenshots on their website and found the panel to not be of commercial grade.VC is a bit better but still not up there with the best by a long shot.Visual model does look good from a distance but I've no real Beechjet to compare it with so I can't tell how good it is.So yes, I'd say the review could well be spot on.The data on Eaglesoft's website turned me off even without a negative review, and I was seriously interested.Now, their CitationX looks a lot better, but Citations look like lame ducks :-rotor

Jeroen,Perhaps the FU3 Beechjet would be a better alternative ? ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

haven't seen that one. Got rid of FUIII when I saw the psychedelic skies and cubistic clouds :)

Guest prichards

I got the eaglesoft Premier1 and Beechjet but I will not buy from them again until the deliver!They told everyone on there forum that all future Biz jets after the Premier1 and beechjet would have working FMC's. So what ever happen there? Yes I like there aircraft but without the fmc they dont apeal to me

Jeroen,I don't have the space to list the reasons why I disposed of FS2002 ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Len

The comment was ridiculous by the reviewer. Indeed, the interior cabin itself is better than the 400A in my opinion. The VC is quite fine. The exterior model is beautiful. It was not and shouldn't be considered a "throw-in" by any stretch of the imagination.

Guest cw1011

Have to agree with Andrew Herd. The panel is a very poor bitmap - far worse than the other Beechjet in the package. VC is ok but nothing special.

Jason, I will differ some what from those above who responded. I own both the Beechjet and the Premier 1. I rarely if ever fly the Premier any more but I do use the Beechjet frequently, relatively speaking any since I have a large number of quality freeware and payware aircraft. Also, keep in mind that the Premier was built in FSDS where as the Beechjet was built in Gmax. I personally think the visual models of both aircraft are more than acceptable which is the main reason I bought them in the first place. Granted, they are planes that you can just jump in, start the engines, and taxi out and take off. As for comparing the Premier to default aircraft, I think that is a cheap shot and unfounded. I rarely if ever fly the default aircraft and when I do, it certainly isn't the Lear, mainly I fly the DC-3. I also own both their Cessnas now. Just picked up the CII the other day and I am not disappointed. It also has a basic panel like the first two aircraft of theirs. The Citation X however is a different matter, while the panel bitmaps are somewhat lacking, I don't think the FMC is. You just can't hit cntl+E and taxi out for take off. There is a whole procedure required to start the engines and then set the aircraft up for flight. I myself find it quite fun starting from a cold, dark cockpit and running through start up. That's just my $0.02 worth.