Sign in to follow this  
andy a

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Quadrant affecting Windows startup

Hi Everyone

I've been very pleased with my Saitek ProFlight yoke and quadrant which I've been using for 4years to fly in FSX. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new computer which has Windows7 Home Edition. I installed FSX Gold and Acceleration together with various add- on aircraft and scenery,as well as the Saitek products. Since I got the new computer, very often when the computer power button is pressed, the lights and fans start up but the screen is blank. I then press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Repeating the start up process again results in Windows Starting showing on the screen, and I can open FSX and fly with Saitek working ok. I thought my new computer had a fault, until I wondered if there possibly a conflict with Saitek. I didn't really think this would be the case as I had used the yoke and throttles for 4years on the old pc.

However I unplugged the USB for the Saitek Yoke and Quadrant and the computer started and Windows opened first time. I then plugged in the Saitek USB and it worked perfectly. I've gone through this process about 20 times today and every time Windows opened without a problem. However when the Saitek USB was plugged in before the computer was powered up, it was back to the situation where sometimes Windows would start up, but more often than not the screen was blank. Each time this happened the Windows would always open at the second attempt, but I don't like having to shut down by holding the power button. I've re-installed the Saitek driver.

Anyone got any idea what the problem could be?

Regards

Andy

andy a

The first thought that comes to my mind is to possibly look at the USB power.  It might be the onboard power is not sufficient enough to power all the USB devices.  Just a wild guess...but worth looking at. 

Hi Everyone

Regards

Andy

This being a new pc make sure all of your motherboard drivers and (bios) are up to date especially your usb drivers - check for hardware conflicts in windows device manager also

Rich Sennett

Hi BrettT and Rich

Thank you for your replies.I had hoped that this may be a common problem that I could easily resolve. However, your comments lead me to believe that my attempts to effect a solution would probably compound the issue. I have therefore contacted the company who made the computer for me, and I put the ball in their court. Fingers crossed :blush:

Regards

Andy

andy a