Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

Aerosoft's Berlin Brandenburg elevation issue.

A little frustrated, it seems no one has an answer for an issue with Aerosoft Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg. As the pics below illustrates, there seems to be an issue with the elevation. I and two others have posted on the Aerosoft forum and so far one has opted to uninstall the airport, the other apparently fixed his problem by eliminating a .bgl from MyTraffic, which I do not have. My question is; has anyone seen this and found a fix? Here are the links to the other posts, hopefully this isn't against the rules. My post, 1st post and second post. Thanks in advance for your time.

2015-3-13_20-25-16-39.png

2015-3-13_20-43-31-818.png

2015-3-13_20-25-51-564.png

No one has Mega Airport Berlin? Am I the only sucker?  :P

So far Aerosoft Support has not been much help.

Ric: See my reply over at the Aerosoft Forum. If you're using UTX Europe ver 2.0, you need to disable the repositioning of EDDB done by UTX.

Ric: See my reply over at the Aerosoft Forum. If you're using UTX Europe ver 2.0, you need to disable the repositioning of EDDB done by UTX.

Thank you, hope it works. Why doesn't Aerosoft Support know about this? Must be to new to have reared its ugly head often enough.

Thanks Big Duke, that was it. Now I need to figure out how to get AI Traffic to occupy the Airport.

You might want to change the runways over too in the afcad as they are about the resurface 7l and use 7r with the long taxiway to the terminal. Just in time for the summer....Maybe they should get some Greeks to employ for cheap...

14ppkc-6.png

You might want to change the runways over too in the afcad as they are about the resurface 7l and use 7r with the long taxiway to the terminal. Just in time for the summer....Maybe they should get some Greeks to employ for cheap...

LOL

Now I need to figure out how to get AI Traffic to occupy the Airport.

Ric - glad it worked for you. As I replied over at Aerosoft, you might want to try editing your AI traffic files to divert some of the EDDT flights to EDDB. Right now, most AI programs have the majority of flights going to EDDT with only a small number going to EDDB.

Ric - glad it worked for you. As I replied over at Aerosoft, you might want to try editing your AI traffic files to divert some of the EDDT flights to EDDB. Right now, most AI programs have the majority of flights going to EDDT with only a small number going to EDDB.

Yeah, fortunately that is easy in UT2. Thanks again.

Anyone tried this scenery in P3Dv3?

I just point P3Dv3 to my P3Dv2.5 install of this airport and I get these same elevation issues pictured in the OP.  I have UTXv2.1 EU and have EDDB disabled in it.  I am using FSGenesis mesh, have mesh settings set to 5m.  I'm using FTX Global/OpenLC EU though these should have nothing to do with this.  Did a search for EDDB in the P3Dv3 directory structure and any reference to a bgl containing that ICAO is turned off(bgl extension renamed).  So, as far as I can tell, I have no conflicts from anywhere.

One thing I don't recall is when I installed this for P3Dv2, I don't remember if I chose the VFRGermany option or not.  I don't think I would have because I don't think I used VFR Germany since FSX days.  Thinking I may have to try and re-install it I guess.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024