Sign in to follow this  
Casen_

TACAN Radio?

So, this new P-8 livery is excited and got me wanting to fly around some military bases. On a trip up to KNUW, I decided to try the TAC32 approach when I ran into a snag. Is there a TACAN radio in the NGX?

If not, could it possibly be added or is it just one of those things that not enough people care about so it wont be modeled?

The P-8 was released as a freebie because PMDG had the model laying around. They made it for Boeing some years ago, and decided to throw it in as a little gift with SP1d.

In short, there's no TACAN in the NGX, and I don't think there ever will be. PMDG has stated quite a few times that the military path is not one they're pursuing.

Is there a TACAN radio in the NGX?

Nope.

If not, could it possibly be added or is it just one of those things that not enough people care about so it wont be modeled?

Doubt it.

Kyle Rodgers

There's a Tacan package floating around the net, with a translation guide, it shows you what frequencies which is correct to use. Pretty sure I found it here on Avsim when I flew for the Navy ;)

23.png

Jim Stewart has published several packages on Avsim's file library that convert TACAN stations from DME only to full VOR-DME stations in FSX. His packages cover USA, Canada and UK.

This will allow you to use them as if you had a TACAN receiver, albeit using their civilian VHF DME frequencies rather than proper UHF military freq.

The Poseidon might have LORAN too, but I haven't seen any gauges for FSX that simulate this.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg