Sign in to follow this  
regamuffin

X plane starter guide

Hey guys,

Iv been a Ms flight sim guy since fs95, but with the big changes going on I'm thinking of leaving fsx but in in 2 minds if I should give p3d my full support of five X plane a try because as we know its not a cheap hobby lol, so I was wondering if anyone could drop a few points on getting x plane up to a good standard what add ons scenery and tweaks bear in mind I'm looking for realistic aircraft

Cheers Paul

I have to say between the FSX/P3D world and the X-Plane world, the latter is a far cheaper option, once the initial outlay is done. Okay you might want to grab a couple of payware planes, but most scenery is freeware or donationware, kindly provided by the X-Plane community.

What you can do is try the X-Plane demo, but I pray judge thee not the quality of planes by the default models as there is far better out there, some free some not!

There is also a question of P3D licenses. It is not an entertainment product; meaning if you are not a student, teacher, a student pilot or trained pilot, you do not meet the criteria for a license and may not use to application. That many seem to do it anyway is another thing.

Personally, my machine is not powerful enough to run P3D smoothly with the settings I want. Therefore, I recently bought X-Plane 10. I am still figuring at all out but I am really enjoying it so far... and then it is a 64-bit application. I would not say I have switched. I still have FSX. I have a lot of money invested in FSX. However, I cannot ignore the fact that I do not use FSX these days.

PMDG has also started developing for X-Plane and one can only hope that RealAir and A2A will do the same. X-Plane 10 is just amazing :)

Thank you for the input guys, I really interested in the flight factor 757 as FSX is really lacking s decent one, any opions? Also weather programs like asn for x plane?

Thank you for the input guys, I really interested in the flight factor 757 as FSX is really lacking s decent one, any opions? Also weather programs like asn for x plane?

no good weather add-on yet for Xplane but there is talks that ASN might be coming and also this 

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034

IMO the best plane coming soon this year will be IXEG 737. there are some discussions on this forum about the FF757

been using fsx since release, switched to p3d 2 and dumped fsx, and then just started using xplane 10 a couple months ago, i would say use both p3d and xplane until you settle on one that works best for you, for now i am gonna keep using both, but yes xplane is 10 times cheaper and better in alot of ways.

Well I purchased P3D and although I am fairly happy I have been recently playing with the demo version of X-Plane. I even tried the HDMesh V3 for the Seattle region and I was blown away. For once my decent hardware is paying off.

Long story short I am downloading X-Plane 10 64 Global on steam right now. As a previous poster said there is a ton of amazing free stuff out there that makes this platform even better.

I will keep P3D & FSX for the time being but I am going to put some hours into X-Plane

Watch this space ....

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Do I switch or do I hang out for the new crj for fsx that's due in soon lol wish I could afford both!

XPX is narrowing the gap with fsx in some areas with updates and far surpass fsx in other areas. Think scenery and interface of XPX has far more potential than fsx.