Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

I am truly saddened to hear this Tom. I wish for peace and comfort for you and your family. Thank you so much for Avsim and everything else you've done for our community. The sim community is so much the better for your having been in it.

Ken Pryor

It's good Tom you are reaching out to expose your fears so others can care for and encourage you.  Soak that up.

It's a free gift for you.

Regardless of your time left, I pray you are able to tap into a source of comfort this world cannot provide and gifted people

can find ways to distract you from disappointment and focus you on accomplishment with your friends, co-workers and family.

Your legacy isn't in this time of extreme vulnerability but in your life long service- particularly the hidden sacrifices no one knows about

but God.  Most of us don't know when we're leaving this planet.  That you know is a gift to you and others so you and they can make

the best of this time together without the false front of invulnerability we all wear to defend ourselves..

-Pv-

That's absolutely terrible news to hear.  I don't really know what to say Tom, but please be sure that my thoughts go out to you and your loved ones.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I was afraid this was coming.  :(

My best, best wishes to you and all of yours, and I'm so sorry to hear it.

Take care.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm very very sad...Don't know what to say...We all have to keep on hoping and counting on God.Nothing is over yet.

Words can't describe my shock and sadness with this announcement. You have and always will be the one person I have had the greatest admiration and respect for in the flight simming community. Even though we've never met, I consider you a friend.

Thank you for all you've done for us and for the simming community.

I am sending prayers to you during this trial.

May God bless and keep you. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Je suis AVSIM!  I hope this borrowed phrase can convey all the admiration and praise we feel for you.

Anamiv

Tom :^( ... Thank you. Thanks for being a part of my life and the lives of so many through your work and dedication to the flight sim community. I'm very grateful I got to spend some time you in Wichita, God speed my friend. I'll see ya in the sky!   

Ben

Ben

Tom,

I don't know you, but I'm saddened by your news, you Sir are a very brave man, thanks for all you have done for our simmers, and God Bless to you and your family...

Thank you,

Mal (UK)...

Such a shock to read this.My thoughts are with you at this difficult time - Jude.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Tom

Truly saddened to hear about this my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family .

A massive loss to the community , thanks for all your contributions and efforts .

Lee Marrow

Tom -

Thanks for building this community.  All best to you.  You're in my thoughts.

Tom,

I am sorry to hear of your life ending battle. Your legacy is in the thousands of people you have reached  and enriched through AVSIM. When you meet your maker, he will say this is my son of whom I am justly proud. Good job, good life hold your head high.

Greg

Tom,

I am sorry to hear of your life ending battle. Your legacy is in the thousands of people you have reached  and enriched through AVSIM. When you meet your maker, he will say this is my son of whom I am justly proud. Good job, good life hold your head high.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I am so sorry to hear your news Tom, You have created a great forum for flight simmers to come and share their views on our wonderful hobby.

keep on fighting

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer