Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom,

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues and wish you all the best in your continued fight to get rid of this cancer. We met during the conference in Denver and I enjoyed our talks. I hope all works and Avsim is and will be the major player for the aviation simulation community, You are the source of this website and you always will be.

Take Care,

Jeffrey Gerbert

Very sorry to hear Tom.  Too many doctors have given people X days to live and they go on living far beyond. Never ever give up hope and determination and keep on with a fighting spirit. 

And thank you for everything youve done here at avsim, but your priority is yourself and family/friends.  Be strong and all the best Tom.

"My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn't prevent you doing well, and don't regret the things it interferes with. Don't be disabled in spirit as well as physically." Stephen Hawking

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

This forum was always a few notches above most others, just because it's a friendlier place, where obnoxious crudeness is not allowed as an every day & normal occurrence.  I thank you for that. 

Sorry to hear about this. 

This takes the wind out of one's sails and kinda puts things into perspective. I don't see you as a man who just lies down and takes it. So for God's sake fight it! We do NOT want the forum filled with bloody RIP posts! Especially not for you. :P

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Tom,

You will stay at AVSIM and with us forever !!!

Fly High !

Va pensiero sull'ali dorate...

Tom,

I was shocked to read your announcement.  It must have been difficult to write.  As I sit here with tears in my eyes, please know how much you are appreciated and loved by this community you have built.  Prayers are coming your way.  Never give up. Keep fighting and praying.

Dennis

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Tom,

Thank you for all..

Don't worry about AVSIM and spend more time as you can with your family.

Best wishes from Italy :)

Stefano

Mr. Allensworth,

Thank you so very much for doing all you have done. This site has helped bring an incredible amount of joy to myself and others in this hobby of ours.

Without people like you we wouldn't have the ability to find information quickly or to converse with other aviation enthusiasts from the comfort of our homes and such.

What you have created here is a truly wonderful thing, to bring as many people from around the world together as this site has helped do is truly something to be very proud of indeed.

All the very best to you and your family.

Prayers, peace & solitude be with you and all of your loved ones Tom.  I express my sadness in hearing of this news, but most of all I would like to pass along my gratitude for your service and kindness towards all of us.  AVSIM will be part of your long lasting legacy and a gift to every member here at AVSIM.

I once had a very wise patient, a woman 97 years old, who said something that I will never forget.  She told me that "what she hoped for most of all when she passed on into the next life, that there would be work to do and she could be of service."  I know you will always sore high in the heavens being of service watching down upon all of us, most importantly your loved ones.

God Bless and you are truly in my prayers.

TD

Tom, very sorry to hear about this bad news you shared with us and hope you defeat this with all support from friends and family. 

This site has been number one place to get information and downloads pretty much since i got into flight simulation with FS2004 when it was released. 

Hope it will continue but please you're health will always come first.

All the best to you.

Tom,

Thank you for providing this very special place for all of us. So glad we had a chance to meet face to face at MAAM Reading. You've brought daily enjoyment to my life these last 17 years; I only wish I could somehow return the favor.

John

Tom, I'm so sorry to hear such news. But as many has said and pointed out, thank you SO MUCH for everything you have dedicated to this hobby and please stay strong and fight it.

Tom:

As it has been for many years "Avsim" is a multiple times a day every day "must stop" on my  internet rounds so it was with profound sorrow that I read your post.  To use your words - "speaking directly" -  it brought me to tears!

After that reaction - it p*ssed me off!" 

I long ago learned that life is unfair but this is definitely over the top on the unfairness scale for a guy who has given so much of himself.   So with that thought in mind - and while I know that talk is cheap and the odds are long - I commend to you the words of one of the heroes of the Navy we both proudly served in-  "Don't Give Up the Ship!"

Please know that my prayers are with you and your family along with boundless thanks for the many hours of relaxation and enjoyment that your selfless dedication to Avsim has  provided to me and thousands of others around the world that transcends nationality and geography

Bill Dailey

Those of us at Virtual International Flying Club wish to extend our best wishes to you . Some of us believe in miracles and will be praying for you and your family.

Thank you for all you have done for the flight sim community. You will be missed.

Vernon Christie

VIFC