Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Hey Tom,

Though there's not much, if anything, that can be said to you that will help ease your pain and your family's loss...  we will miss you.

Colin

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

This community is something special and you have given your all to keep it that way and even now think about it.   Thank you for your hard work and dedication.  The loss of your presence will be a huge blow but those who love this place will make sure it keeps going.   Prayers for you and yours.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Deeply saddened to hear this.  Thank you so much for everything that you have done for the flight sim community.  Make the most of every minute you have with the ones you love!!!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!  God Bless!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

These are heavy words Tom. I can't put into words how much joy this site has given me over the years, and it won't be the same without you.

These are heavy words Tom. I can't put into words how much joy this site has given me over the years, and it won't be the same without you.

David Malinowski

Former avid simmer, current college/uni student

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

12 GB Corsair/OCZ DDR3 2200 RAM

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

FSX SP2 (w/o Acceleration)

Tom,

I am sure your soaring courage has touched us all. I've been reading all the wonderful posts and I can only add, we salute you.

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Difficult to know what else to say. I'd just like to offer a virtual handshake and say "Thank you."

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

So sorry to hear this.

Thank you for all you have done for this hobby. I wish I could do more. I am at a lose for words.

Rob

I'm very sorry to hear this and I wish you the best despite the prognosis. Thank you for making AVSim a terrific source of information.

Tom, I am shocked and saddened to hear this. I am at loss for words, but wanted to say thank you for all your work for the flight simulation community and for Avsim. You are going to be missed by thousands of people and will  leave behind a huge, forever lasting legacy. Now go spend time with your family and friends and enjoy the rest of your life, which I hope will go on much longer than what the doctors have predicted. You won't be forgotten.

Keep fighting Tom

God bless you Tom.

Avsim will survive because you gave it your all and that's as much as anyone can give.

Tom I am so saddened to hear this. I truly pray that the doctors have misdiagnosed a little and you can beat this. It happended to my neighbor. As others have said, don't give up. It just hit me lke a sack of bricks how big a part of my life Avsim (you) are.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Speechless - I just want to say thanks for all you have given us here. 

I was deeply saddened, Tom, to read that. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said by others. I must say that I'm proud to have met you in Victoria a few years ago. Although I don't post often, I read AVSIM daily (sometimes, multiple times daily), and AVSIM has been a big part of my simming life for more than a decade.

I wish you and your family peace and love in this challenging time. You will be in my thoughts always.

Sincerely,

Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)