Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

So sorry to hear you're leaving, Tom. You have done great service to our hobby and to say goodbye like this is really painful, both for the community and your family. Your voluntary service in the Peace Corp in Fiji and the South Pacific, is also a testimony to your civic legacy that Pacific Islanders will treasure, me included.

Praying for you, Sir.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Tom:

Im sorry about your situation, and honestly Im still in shock about the news, just found out on Facebook. Thank you for all your contributions and knowledge, and get well

Irving

So sorry to hear this news. I can only wish you the very best Tom. I joined Avsim when it first started, and even though I have never met you Tom, you have always been part of my life.

Thinking of you always Tom.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Tom, love and prayers from Melanie and I.  Your love, dedication and support of the entire flight simulator community has been above and beyond the call of duty.  If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Dean & Melanie Mountford.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Sorry to hear that Tom. I hope for the best for you and your family. Avsim will live on and will be a resource for all those in the future.

Tom, you have been an inspiration to me from long ago and still are. I will pray for you. Keep the blue side up, my friend.

Also, how can I help with keeoing Avsim alive?

Thinking of you and your family. Let me know how I can help with anything.

Bruce.

All of a sudden fsx vs p3d is not important anymore. Thanks for everything you have done for us

ZORAN

Sad to hear the news Tom, you've done a great thing, AVSIM makes a huge difference to this hobby, my thoughts are with you and your family, keep fighting.

--John near KPAE

So very sorry to hear about your health.

I wish you and those close to you, strength.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Grateful for your contributions to this community Tom 

Remember our talking on the patio at the DC Avsim Conference a few years back and thinking Tom does a great job leading this community in a way that no one else has.

Our best for you, your family, friends, and staff. Any thing we can do just holler...  :unsure:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi,

It's a story I do not like reading and that makes me very sad
What can I say more

Tom, such serious and sad news; I do hope you surround yourself with those you love, and keep yourself busy with the things you love to do.

If it helps the cause for hope, for yourself and for others: My father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer 4-1/2 years ago and shortly thereafter given a very short window to live; he continues to be an ornery cuss and prove the doctors wrong, still spending his time doing farm-work and wrenching on old trucks.  May you enjoy such an outcome as well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm shocked and saddened by this news Tom! You are incredibly brave to face this the way you are, with incredible dignity, honor and a sense of service and we are deeply in your debt. Have you considered alternate remedies for your cancer? We know that a basic pH (7.6 or higher) of the body cures or mimits the growth of cancer and that the drugs invented by man do nothing but harm the body. You should consider alternate remedies such as the juice of sour sop, sharks cartilige. We need you! Don't give up!

Flight simulation wouldn't be flight simulation as we know it were it not for Avsim, there's no disputing that. It's quite a legacy really, something to be very proud of. Thank you for all the years of enjoyment Tom. Like everyone else I'm shocked and saddened by this news and I wish you and everyone around you the best.