Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Very sorry to hear this news. I enjoy sharing time on here and having a laugh over the years and I hope for many more to come. All the best Tom

Matthew Kane

So sorry to hear this news.

Without people like you Tom, this hobby of ours would not be a tenth of what it is now.

Peter Schluter

What sad news to start the week. You are one of the stalwarts of this wonderful hobby of ours. Whenever we have had bad news regarding our hobby I have always come to AVSim first to read what old faithful Tom has to say and have drawn a sort of comfort from your wise words.

Let's hope that you can now draw some comfort from the sympathetic messages pouring in here today! God Bless you.

So sorry to here such sad news. I wish Tom and his family the very best at this difficult time for them. Tom your contribution to this community has been nothing short of spectacular and you are an inspiration to many. Your hard work and dedication to the flight sim community has produced the best web site for all members to use. Best of luck and stay strong Tom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cheers

Neil

Tom,

your AVSIM site has been a steady companion throughout my life and the enjoyment I found in flight-simulation was heightened by your work in no small means. I made aviation my profession and I will think of you and your great contribution to so many hobbiests and virtual aviators as I cruise over this great planet at 39.000 feet.

Happy landings, Jan

I am stunned and deeply saddened by reading this news Tom.
I know what you are experiencing but what are the correct words at a time like this, there are so many words and thoughts it is impossible to write them all.

Deepest gratitude and Thank you for everything Sir, may your final journey be comfortable and peaceful!

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Tom, I've used these forums for a long time although always as a lurker whereas the download library...   This resource you've put together has been an outstanding one for the FS community through the years and there will be very few who've not used it in some way shape or form over the years.

Thank you for your dedication to keeping this running as it grew into the monster it is - the work and dedication will never be forgotten by those who will continue to use your legacy to the FS world.

The courage it must have taken to write those words to let us know your health status must be huge.  Having known family and friends with this awful disease, I know how hard it can be to cope with talking about it.  Keep fighting as you just never know what may come, despite what doctors say.

So sorry to hear this. :(

Go, create more memories with friends and family. AVSIM is already immortal.

Thank you for creating this incredible community!