Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

As a major contributor to the flight sim community at large, you have not only enlightened and enriched my life but untold others as well. We will be praying for you and your family from this point on and wish you the very best Tom.

I am at total loss of words. AVSIM has been my home on internet since I can't even remember and seeing your name and messages pop up here and there have always been a sign of "all is well" in our little world of hobby. Everything sooner or later comes to an end but it so sad that cancer today is so common that' it almost seems to be a natural death. For what it's worth, my thoughts are with you!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I'm so sorry to hear that terrible news about your health, thanks for everything you done for the community, especely for me. The community LOVE you Monsieur Tom.

All the best Tom and thanks for your tremendous contributions to our hobby.

Grz.

Paul EHRD

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Sorry to hear about that Tom. Really at a loss for words, but thank you for providing a place where many can come and share our love of this hobby.

Tom,

This is devastating. May we wish you and yours strength, courage and time. Don't worry about Avsim. Although you will obviously be missed current management will cary it forward.

All the best,

Stijn

Tom,  Please take the time you have left to be with your family and close friends.  It goes without saying the AvSim community will feel the tremendous void created by your absence, however, it will continue on.  Your time will be better spent on more important things.  Thank you sincerely for your talents and the countless enjoyment you have provided to us who live and breath flying simulations.  Be strong and know you are so appreciated and admired.

Mark  =))

Words can not express the  sadness I feel today reading this news, Without You the Flightsimming community would not be what it is today! All my prayers and hopes are with you and your family!!!

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I am always lost for words with news such as this " Life can change on a dime " as the saying goes. 

I have read your letter many times and can not help but look into my own fear concerning such a diagnose which can happen to any of us. I am in awe of the courage in writing and even more so of thinking of the future of AVSIM.  I say long live AVSIM!

My heart goes out to you and your family during this time and in hope of the wonderment of Peace takes it hold.   

Vl3MQY.png

Damn ! :-(

Tom, we may have had our differences but this comes as a blow.To me personally, to AVSIM and to the entire FS community worldwide I am sure. No need to waste words, just wishing you all the best and wishing you an ending without pain and anxiety. Thoughts also go to your family.

Good vibes sent across the pond, whatever that may mean. Hope it helps a little.

Warm regards,

Francois

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Wow,  seriously upsetting news to read Tom.

My prayers are with you fella.

Chris Howard

Tom,

I can only echo what has been said many, many times already. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. Please know that the child you leave behind, AVSIM, will be a lasting tribute to you and the love and devotion that you have shown our hobby for two decades. All of us owe you a debt of gratitude for making AVSIM our flightsimming family home.

As a Charlottesville native I know you are in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I hope you can visit the Blue Ridge and gain some perspective looking out over the Valley, it always worked for me.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

This is heartbreaking news, I am at loss for words, but you are in my thoughts Tom and wish you all the best!

John.

I'm angry....damn angry.

I'm sitting here before my monitor....

Yesterday I expressed my heart-felt condolences in response to the information that Tom Allensworth, so incredibly had the courage to communicate to us all...LET ALONE, give it substance, because it came from his own hand...

I'm damn angry at Life right now.....

There are murderers and other felons sitting for twenty or thirty years in prison, cancer-free, and yet here is man, a very Life-successful man, a contributor to Society, a proud American war vet, and had I had a chance to know Tom personally, rather than as an on-line personality over these years here, could have easily shared a beer and chips over great conversations, and like interests, other than just flight simming, and could have been a personal friend for years. Cancer decides to show itself in his life.

I am damn angry at Life right now...

I'm sorry for posting this...but having since read Tom's message yesterday, my world has been very dark shades of grey, since then. Life can suck sometimes...and I find this information just one of those times....

Again, God bless you, Tom Allensworth...you always called it as you see/saw it over the years I have been so happy to be part of here,....and now...I am calling it, as I see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch/Sesquashtoo