Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Sorry to hear the news Tom.

Live as well as you can with the time you have left.

www.antsairplanes.com

As I dictate this to you, it seems ironic that I've been a member longer then there been iPads or Siri, or FSX, or Fs9, a lot longer then is reported in my membership here because your booted me off at one point.

I am strangely touched, crestfallen, to hear the news about someone I don't know, but whose name has come to be as familiar to me is any luminary I've heard of.

All I can say is Sir, I look forward to meeting you when I join that big cursor in the sky, and shake your hand and thank you for the many hours of enlightenment and pixxed-off-Ness and enjoyment that you have afforded me.

God bless you and yours,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Greetings from Turkey Tom.Firs I started fly in Flight Simualtor in 2000 I serach to some Turkish Airlines repaints and I met avsim and always visit that adress.First please please please never give up.Yes easy to say this but you have to never give up!!..My father is died from cancer but he is do nothing for the win this war.But my randfather is cancer too he is 84 years old and he is continue to war with this stupid cancer and maybe he will win.My prayers to you and again please never give up.Allah always be with you.and too many Flightsim friends and pareyers with you too..

again and again never give up.God Bless you..

Emirhan Koksal

Sorry to hear this.  All best wishes to you, Tom.  This is page 23 of comments - there are a whole lot of us out there sending you positive thoughts.

Paul Skol

Prayers for you Tom.... may your remaining days be filled with peace and love from your family and friends.

Ken

Damn.... idk what to say.... I'm sorry about your health and my prayers go to you and your family.

With so much bad news going on in the world this just floored me.  Very sad to hear this concerning one of the main patriarchs of our community.

Tom no matter various differences people may have had on the forums over the years you provided a respectful place for us all to come and discuss the hobby we love.  A very unique place considering the language and narcissism going on on many other forums on the web.  I'm extremely sadden to hear this news.  All I can say is thank you for what you've provided to us over the years and our hobby wouldn't have been what it was/is without a site like Avsim.  I hope things can go on but it won't be the same.  It seems we haven't come far enough in the medical field.

Edited by n4gix
Corrected gender reference

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

So sorry to read this tom :(  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Tom;

It profoundly hurts to get this news from you.

For something like 18 years now, AVSIM has been a regular stop on my daily routine, a pleasant pit stop and a real touchstone during many years serving abroad.  AVSIM put more smiles on my face than I can count.  And I know there are thousands who have been touched the same way.  Thousands.  I can remember, more than once, after the last wrapping paper was torn on Christmas morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and heading right over the the computer to see what Santa and his helpers had uploaded to the library.

You really did create and sustain something special here, and I have no doubt that what you started will continue to keep the lot of us, from nine to ninety, grinning like kids, even after the day comes where we can't do our grinning with you.  THANK YOU.

I wish you peace in the days ahead.  The world will be a lesser place without you, but it will be always be a better place because you were here.

With great admiration and respect,

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Tom; We don't know each other personally, but our love for aviation has open a channel (as Avsim has on numerous occasions daily for its members) whereby I can personally express my profound sadness on this news, my thoughts and prayers goes to you and your family, from all of us here, your sim community family.

One of my favorite addresses of all time:

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what (Tom) did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which (Tom) fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us.............."

No words, very sorry! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hang tough!

Tom;

Not since our dear friend Richard Harvey announced his illness so many years ago have I been so shocked and saddened by a forum post.  If you haven't already, I would encourage you to re-read his farewell message sometime in the coming weeks and months.

Words seem so empty at a time like this... but continue to fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith.  Thank you for everything you have done to keep our favorite hobby as relevant today as it was in 1997.

Marc Schrier