Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom - Thank-you for your contribution to our community - thoughts are with you and your family...

Jim

Like many, you've touched my life thru AVSIM and your love for simulations and aviation. AVSIM has, is, and will always be a part of my life, thanks to your creation. It is unbelievable that your passion for our community and hobby led you to post probably one of the most difficult message you've had to convey. I am so humbled by your character and integrity. I pray that you will not suffer as you fight this terrible disease and recover from it. May God be with you and your family during this very difficult time.

My gosh, tough news to read.  I wish for you and family to get through this as best as possible.

You have much to be proud of for what you have created.

Tom,

You've worked so hard and given so much to guide AVSIM's development to the stellar flight sim resource it's become. I am forever grateful to you for all I've learned here, and for the many ways this community that you created has enriched my life. Eventually all of us will ride that tailwind into eternity ... you're just headed there a little before us. In the meantime, I will miss you.

Thank you, Captain, for everything.

Jev

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Tom

You have already given a lot to the community; now it's between you and the Lord. It's just matter of time when all of us have to get on that flight... You are giving us example of strength...

Prayers are with your

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

This was a shocking and very sad read. I'm very sorry and don't know what to say. Thanks for all the work you did with avsim; although I mainly use the X-Plane section of the forum, I notice your efforts everywhere.

Wish you all the best...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Tom, you have done an amazing thing through Avsim.

You have brought together people from all over the globe, with one common interest, the love for flying, and made a family out of them. Strange thing the internet is. I came to know people, their character, their particular interests, without having directly talked to them even in the forums. You have provided a home for us. Thank you for that!!

May God be with you!

Tom,

I am sorry to hear this, but maybe the following might help, although your description sounds very bad:

http://phkillscancer.com/

This guy was written off in 2008 (he was given between 3 months and 3 years to live) and is still alive to my knowledge. My brother has also used this recipe successfully and a friend of mine was diagnosed with "cancer spread to the bones" in early 2014 and was given a few more months to live. She is still alive today and feeling better than ever. I cannot really comment on this as I am not a medical professional but whoever is interested, besides Vernon's web site, just do a web search for "cancer bicarbonate of soda" or "cancer baking soda".

This is not medical advice, only a pointer to information.

Regards,

Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Tom,

Very sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family - and we are your family too.

Regards

Paul Kirkland

Cambridge U.K.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Reading your post on the website really hit me. Seeing someone from this community, someone who did so much for it, in such a situation does hurt.

All the best to you and your family, Tom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Regards

Eilke Zeysing

Germany

Dear Tom,

Those are tough words to hear. You've always been very direct in your forum posts, and I can see the same directness in announcing your prognosis. I am praying for you and your loved ones to have more time together and to enjoy every minute.

Thank you for a great website and the community that has grown up around it. I check avsim.com nearly every day. My hard drive has hundreds (thousands?) of files which came from AvSim. What you have established will continue to be a part of our lives.

May God watch over you!

Ben

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:6–8)

Tom,

You've given so much to our Flight Simulation Community, including strong leadership, vision, and tangible commitment of your time and resources.

For that we are eternally grateful, thank you.

I hope you and your family can spend quality time in your remaining days.  None of us know "our time", but we should all live fully--as I know you have, and will.

My care

Bill 

KGSP

I am very sorry to hear this. Keep up the fight.

I am so very sorry to hear this,

What can you say at times like these ?

For me, you are Avsim, and Avsim is you .. and then there's so many

other things you are to a lot of other people, as in reality, Avsim is but

one of the things you've done and do.

I wish you strength, and I hope you will enjoy your loved ones, and they will enjoy you.

You will all be in my prayers.

JP.

Wow, I don't know what to say.  This caught me off guard, big time.

Tom, all my sincere thanks and appreciation for your efforts and dedication to the FS community.  I wish you peace and happiness for as long as we are lucky enough to have you with us!  God bless to you and your family!

Bruce

Bruce Wood