Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

I wish you peace and grace. Thanks for all you do for this community.

Charles.

Just got back from a week of vacation in Florida and I find this post.

Shocking and remorse are my immediate thoughts.

I'm sure the 29 pages before me have said it all and more so I'll just leave this....

Time is the absolute law; I hope Tom and everyone enjoys theirs to the fullest as much as possible.

I thank Tom's time allowing me to enhance mine, via Avsim.

I can't begin to tell you how I feel Tom, but over the years you've always been a good friend and I wish and hope you'll defy the odds, just enjoy every moment of every day my friend.

My Prayers are with you!

Steve Cartwright

No! Very sad news. Just beat it Tom, I did in 2003 and you can too! Be brave and keep your head high, all of us here at avsim are behind you.

Je suis Avsim

Thoughts are with you and your family Tom.

You've done a great job with Avsim.

Having been with AVSIM practically since it's inception, I have watched all the wonders and pitfalls that have crossed this community's path. Still, when news of this nature comes to the forefront, it always leaves me dumbfounded and asking "Why this person?" 

As aptly stated in so many posts prior to mine, I can only add my voice of thanks to you, Tom - for bringing AVSIM to life and keeping it going through all the turmoils - and add my prayers and blessings to you and your family in this final challenge. Like Richard Harvey, you'll be fondly remembered for your courage in the face of adversity, and for the advancement of our flight simming hobby. May you - like Rich, soar with the Eagles and Angels alike.

Smooth Skies! 

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I've only been a casual user at Avsim, but have been coming here for about 13 years. Thank you for providing a place like this for the flight sim community.

All my best wishes Tom for you and your family during this very personal time.

Oh, no. Accessing Avsim very first time, as I am currently abroad, this is indeed very sad reading. All I can say is, Tom, God be with you and every best wish is sent to you and your family.

Wow, I do not know what to say Tom.  You have brought so many a happy smile, great laughter and at times downright disgust with the goings-on in our flightsim world with your post's.  You have brought so many of us together and we will never forget you.  I cannot remember the last time I prayed but I will say one for you tonight.

God bless and take care.... Robert.

\Robert Hamlich/

Tom, it is not easy to find words after reading statement like this.

I hope to read your posts here as long as possible ...

Artur 

I am sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you and your loved ones. Thanks for all you have done for this community over the years.

Ron

Ron Service

Tom, thank you for everything.  You've created something wonderful here, and we'll always be grateful. I wish you safe, soft landings.

Yours,

Randy

Tom, I am  very sorry to read this and offer all my sympathy to you and your family.

Don't worry about Avsim, think of you.

claude29

Claude DOYEN, Belgium

Tom, 

I am deeply saddened to hear of your bad health, the only thing that I can say is the Lord takes the good ones at a young age. 

My prayers are out to you and your family.

Thank you for the many years that you put in here at AVSIM to give us, the community, an excellent site to communicate with each other. 

Again Thank you

Harry Nelson

Harry Nelson

Tom,

When one think of people who have given so much to so many in this hobby, you're at the top of the list.

Your generosity, time, money and work is unmatched. All for the love of flight.

Not one person that I can think of has done so much to further the flight simulator community by providing such a valuable resource.

This hobby would be quite different if Avsim had never existed and I dare say the hobby would not be where it is today without you.

I have made several dear friends that I would have never had the privilege of knowing if were not for Avsim.

I know I am not alone in this sentiment.

You've brought people from around the world, from all walks of life, together, with one common cause.

Many owe so much to Avsim when they think about how Avsim has brought them together with other people in friendship, projects and knowledge that has been shared.

If there is ever a Flightsim Hall of Fame, you should be among the very first inductees. You have earned your place in history and will never be forgotten.

Godspeed Captain!

Your friend always,

Gene