Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom, thank you for all you've done for our community and my deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Thank you Tom, for all these years bringing us aviation and simulation lovers the best place to meet and chat. I really hope you find beautiful clear blue skies!

Alexis Mefano

I occasionally look back to see what stuff has become "stuck to my shoes" as I walk through life (I'm 63). Sure, there are those bits of "toilet paper" that I can't seem to shake (ha ha), but then there are many good things .... a love of jazz, books, model sailing ships, airplanes, flight simming and, of course, AVSIM.

It seems I really got going in simming with FS2004, but I do recall being amazed at a "flight sim" I had for my old Commodore 64. And amid it all came Avsim as a wonderful resource of great people who contributed their time and efforts to "crack the code" and create scenery, airport editors, AFCAD programs, etc. Many of the great names have since passed on .. and I mean really "passed on."

Visiting Avsim has become a "must read" in the morning over my laptop and coffee.

So, Tom, just want you to know simply that I appreciate all you've done.

Even though we have never met Tom, you have been a daily part of my life for the past 15 years. I am sorry to hear your news.

You have touched a lot of people with Avsim and established a community that never would have existed without you.

Thank you Tom, and God be with you.

Brian Greenway

Montreal, Canada

Thank you so much for all you have done over the years. You will be missed sir, but you will also be remembered.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

My thoughts are with you and your family Tom - This community has been fantastic over the years and Avsim remains the focal part of what has been a hobby of much enjoyment for many years for me. Please look to Avsim as a fantastic achievement in which you have brought enjoyment to so many people. Stay strong and god bless.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I don't really know what to say. As a simmers I used to naviagate on this site for years and you,Tom have always been a friendly presence for all of us.

As a doctor, I can only say : enjoy every hour from now on and stay with your beloved every minute to share each others vicinity.

I don't know if there's something after our life, and I don't really care, but I know that what we've done will be forever.

Ciao.

Maurizio

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

Tom -

I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for your efforts for the sim community and your firm but fair hand with some of us rabble rousers around here.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't even know what to say...

I guess the most important thing for me to say would be... thank you for everything.

Quoting Gene... Godspeed, Captain!

I don't get around on here as often as I used to, but you've built a site that will live on just by the strength of the community that surrounds it. Hell, it survived an intentional attack that should have killed it. You've got a great team backed by a great community that wants to seed it thrive and succeed. So, I wouldn't worry too much about us. This is the time to be with family and friends.

You'll be in my prayers, and just remember that it's not over 'til it's over. I've known people that have far out-lived dire prognoses. Whatever the time frame, just don't forget to say hi to the other patron saints of virtual aviation. I'm sure Richard Harvey has a copy of a heavenly flight sim waiting, and Opa's got a ton of freeware made for it by now.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Tom, my deepest prayers goes out to you and your family. Although sim is just a hobby, the lives behind it all is so too real, and we have all become family members, although must of us haven't even seen each other in real person. We all I'm sure are very appreciative of what you have done for our community, and I'm sure we are all united in your thoughts and prayers. Don't worry my friend, we will see and hear from you again in the near future, that is a promised that has been give to us by the man above. On behalf of the Greenbrier Virtual Aviation family, we send you are prayers.

Tom,

I am sorry to hear about your situation and will be praying for you and your family!!

God Bless

Tom

My absolute best wishes go out to you and yours.

I was once banned for two weeks from the Avsim forums (it was a completely justified ban )

due to an overindulgence of ale and subsequent loosening of brain and tongue.

If it was yourself that banned me ,then I am honoured to have been sanctioned by a good and decent man.If not the above still applies.

Good luck Sir

Andrew

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Tom,  We will be praying for you.   The word for you today is:   No weapon formed against you shall prosper.

Tom,

We've never met but AVSIM has meant a great deal to me. To say I was stunned by your news is an understatement. I've been in tears for the last 30 minutes.

The primary thing is to take whatever time you need to be with your family and friends. Everything else is a very distant second. I can state this because I was just diagnosed with cancer six days ago. Wow did my priorities change in a day.

Thank you for AVSIM and everything you've done for our hobby. You are in my prayers, and Godspeed.

dan davison