Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom,

Like many, I am saddened by this news. Your dedication to this hobby is unmatched, and we as a community cannot thank you enough for all that you have done. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Godspeed, Captain. 

You have created a wonderful community as a legacy.  I am very saddened to hear of this news.  I will just echo what others have already stated: You and your family are in my thoughts in this difficult time and focus on what is truely is important in this difficult time.  Thank you for what you have given us I wish you all the best.

I am sincerely devastated to read that.

Tom, you are a great person.

God bless you.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

"If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives".

Prayers to one of the true icons of this community...and his family.

God bless you Tom Allensworth.

Allen ... So sad to hear about your illness.  Is there anything we could do for you?

Very sad news. I read this when it was first announced and only now can I say that I wish you the best and I pray for you.

Strength and peace be in you....

Strength and peace be in you....

Stay strong Tom.

Maybe you remember how long they gave me for my brain tumour?! Well I’m STILL bloody here defying all the odds. Saddam couldn’t do it.  The Columbian drug barons couldn’t do it. And nor could the Taliban. I’m still fighting the odds. God works in mysterious ways Tom.

You, your family, (and your animals) are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom - I am truly sorry to hear of your illness. I first joined Avsim during a transitional time in my life way back in 2001. At that time discovering new models, paints, and scenery's on this amazing service brought untold amounts of joy to difficult days. I learned so much and contributed often, until I fell out of flight simming for a number of years. To hear this upon my return is terribly sad. But know you have granted access to me and thousands like me, perhaps to the degree that without you and Avsim, my interests could never have blossomed.

Just remember that the very worst only happens to the very best.  I wish you the best final days anyone can have and enjoy as much time with your family as you can.  I may not ever meet you in person, but I hope that one day we will meet in heaven.  Thank you for keeping this hobby alive as without your dedication, perseverance and the team that you have around you here at AVSIM, this market would not be what it is today.  Humanity will lose a grand person, but god will have gained a great soul and heaven will be a better place when you arrive.  And remember, ANGELS DONT NEED FLIGHT SIMULATOR - they already have wings.

John 3:16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes
in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Tom, I've tagged along with
Avsim from the start, and really my whole hobby that turned into a profession is
due to what you did here. I'm very grateful to you. I know you must be very
scared right now. This may be redundant, but put you faith and trust in *******
Christ and you will live forever my friend, no need to fear death. Again this
may be redundant for you as you may already be a strong believer in Christ, but
if not and you have been doubtful and skeptical, I would love to talk with you
and show you from the scriptures, along with other proofs from history,
archaeology, textual criticism, and science that back up the claims from the
bible this stuff is real, and that God is real and can heal you or maybe not,
but definitely forgives you for all your sins past present and future, and will
give you eternal life with Him in His kingdom when you trust his Son having paid
the full debt of your sin, and having lived the perfect life in place for you.
I'm disabled now and home 24/7 here in California, and you can email me at
cloudswimmer@aol.com or call me on the phone to talk anytime as you're going
through this at 949-559-6639. Ok I'm going to let my wife know and we will keep
you in our prayers.

Chris Strobel
Irvine, CA

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Tom: I have the upmost respect for you and what you do. When I read your news it hit me like a ton of bricks. Do not worry about Avsim (even though I know you will) it will take care of itself. I am sure you are saved and my prayers are with you and your family. Cancer will not win,  God WILL!!

Thank you Tom for all you have contributed, AVSIM has made a big difference in my simming life for sure.

Don't give up buddy, while there is life, there is hope. My prayers have been cleared for take-off and will remain in pattern flight around you and your love ones for as long as they have too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Tom, may the love of your family and friends, and the friendships you have , be the drive to continue at this and future moments....

We will always respect you and you will always be Avsim...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0