Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

I am in absolute shock...

I only now saw this post from Tom...and wish him much human love and respect, and God's Grace extended to all that love him...and all those that he loves, and that have touched his life for the positive, to this very day.

Tom, I will keep you in my daily prayers, and if indeed your illness does end up to be mortal, then may you leave the mortal coil behind, with the utmost peace, upon you, and your loved ones, when the time for this comes into your days.

I am so sorry to have read this, so sorry.......

God Bless your path, Tom.

Mitch/Sesquashtoo

So sorry to hear this news. All the best to you and your family as that is what is really important. Thank you so so much for all of the years of support for this site, AVSIM has and continues to be an important piece of all of our hobbies. But your health and well being is way way more important. Take care of yourself. Again all the best and thank you.

Tom, while I do not have the honor of knowing you personally I did have the privilege of reading many of your posts as I have learned soo much from this site. There are no words I can really offer, but I wanted to share my thanks for your contributions to the flightsim community and helping open my eyes to this wonderful hobby.  

Chris

Tom,

Shocked, saddened indeed mortified to learn of your predicament.

There has never been a truer friend to our worldwide community.

Your generosity, both financial and of spirit, has been exemplar.  To weld a team of disparate, volunteer souls together providing wide-ranging services to the community is one thing; providing forums to both members and commercial interests, quite another.

You must be very proud of the AVSIM legacy,  an accomplishment supreme which few of us attain yet many aspire to.

When I read the news I was instantly reminded of the following poem/prayer/verse:

HIGH FLIGHT

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds — and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue,

I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace

Where never lark, or even eagle flew.

And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untresspassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

He wrote his parents "I am enclosing a verse I wrote the other day. It started at 30,000 feet, and was finished soon after I landed." 

Just three months later, on December 11, 1941 Pilot Officer John Gillespie Magee, Jr., was killed.

Somehow it seemed fitting Tom.

Chin up and trim, trim, trim.

Tom, I wish there was somethting, anything I could say that would give back all that has been taken by this disease.

I can only say your devotion to the flight simulator community has been nothing short of tremendous and hopefully you feel a sense of true accomplishment having created a vibrant, thriving community here that will always cherish what you and your team have put together for us. I, personally, have enjoyed countless hours lurking around the communities here, and though I fly alone, I never feel alone because of it.

I wish you Gods speed and all my hopes and wishes that you'll be able to enjoy your remaining days at peace and around those who love you.  Don't worry, we'll all carry the torch for you.

Tony

Such terrible news for you and your family; Tom my thoughts are with you.  Above all please know that all of us, thousands of us,  are so very grateful for what you have given us;   we are all thinking of you and your family.

With kind regards

Steve Prowse

So, so sorry to read this. My prayers and thoughts with you and your family. it was a privledge to help out for a while with your creation and the greatest website for flight simulation on the planet

Geof Applegate

I am so sorry to hear this.  Please, spend as much time with family and love ones and forget about Avsim.  Thank you for sharing your web site with us.

May God Bless You Sir and we will be praying for you!

On behalf of QualityWings Simulations, we would like to say thank you for all that you've been involved with in this community.

I do hope that you and your family can find some sort of peace during this time.

Corey Ford

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Tom,

So sorry to read this. As most of us, I'm at loss for words. All I can say is thank you for all you have done for this community.

Jean-Paul

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Tom.

My heart breaks for you and your family and close circle of friends, many right here.  Since 2000 when I got involved in FSim, you have been a leader in this community and staunch supporter through many phases and eras.  We have always looked up to you to provide that leadership and guidance.  Your legacy shall live on through the awesome work you have done here at AVSIM.

My thoughts will be with you and the family daily.  May your time be well spent and without physical pain.  May your family treasure the memories of better times, and for you, Sir, I wish the best possible of outcomes.

Milton Shupe

Dear Tom,

I am sorry to hear this.

Hope you will have some good months ahead of you, despite the predictions.

Thank you for all your contributions to the FS community. You have made a huge difference!

Best wishes

Stephen Slot Odgaard.

Tom, you have made many people's lives better and happier, just with Avsim alone, that is something to be very proud of. Find peace and happiness, and go forth to the other side knowing that you made a difference in a lot of people's lives. Please be with your family and loved ones, Avsim will live on with the many talented people here.

Vaya Con Dios.

Tom,

I am so very sorry to hear the news.  Know that we are lifting you and your loved ones up in prayer at this time.  Thanks so much for all you have done, by providing this community a place to hang out and share online.  God speed.

Chris Parrott