Sign in to follow this  
Escriba

Aerosim 787 & Hardware

I buy the Aerosim 787 and like other planes try to use the hardware i have...

M-Panel  from VRInsight, Multipanel from Saitek and GF-RP48 from Go Flight.

Happen i can't change the altitude in the MCP, but it change in the PFD.

Is this plane compatible with any Hardware?

Thanks for the help

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre - it's mostly compatible with GoFlight modules - radios (GF-186), switches (GF-T8),lLanding gear/flaps/trim (GF-LGT II), RP-48, P8 - all work ok.  It's only partly compatible with the GF-MCP-Pro - course, ias/mach, heading knobs work, altitude is weird, vert speed is ok, FD, A/T ARM switches are ok, AP Engage buttons ok, other buttons are hit/miss with it.

Hope this helps....

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Jim

Thanks for your replay.

The only problem i have is with the altitude. The hardware i have also include the GPS 5 from VRInsight  and it works good.

With the M-Panel i can manage the VS, IAS, HDG, Baro, and radios. The Multipanel from Saitek can VS, HDG, CRS and IAS. 

But the altitude is like you say ... wired. I need use the mouse in the MCP but on the PFD it change with the rotary.

Maybe one of this days will be an update to correct this

Once again thnaks for your replay

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

You're welcome, and yeah, I'm waiting for QualityWings to release their 787. I'm sure it will be way ahead of the Aerosim version, which is really just a slight step above default FS aircraft.  A more accurately and deeply functioning FMS/autoflight system is what I'm really hoping for, as well as compatibility with all GF hardware.  (I know it's not going to be on the same level as PMDG's amazing stuff!) But for right now, the Aerosim is the only one with a functional VC, and since I use a triple screen setup, I can only use airplanes with a working VC.  BTW, the plane also works in P3D v2.5 when installed with EMT.  Also, if you have the ISG gauges (payware), there's a panel.cfg that uses them, though it takes away the Aerosim PFD/ND screen and uses the ISG screens.

All the best,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg