Sign in to follow this  
RotorWash

NGX P3D VC

Hey Guys,

Totally new to P3D, which are the crucial sliders and checkboxes, to obtain the bestest and sharpest looking VC in P3D. Unlike my fsx install, the VC only becomes sharp at extreme zoom. I used to set 4096 in the fsx.cfg and voila, that was it. Any help, greatly appreciated. HD 7970 user, by the way.

Cheers

Ivan

Do you have high resolution textures selected in the Operations Center section for the 737?

Hans Soule

In P3D it will be difficult to obtain what you want without cranking up NI and taking a fps hit - hopefully LM ad Nvidia can improve on this at some point 

Rich Sennett

Do you have high resolution textures selected in the Operations Center section for the 737?

I completely forgot about that, it's been a long time since I have had a look in the opperations centre, forgot it even existed lol, I'll report back .

Cheers all

In P3D it will be difficult to obtain what you want without cranking up NI and taking a fps hit - hopefully LM ad Nvidia can improve on this at some point

AMD user I'm afraid, seems we're a rare bunch here ?

Yep, high res by default.

To get sharp textures in the 777 in P3D 2.5 I first turn off AA in P3D then open up Nvidia Inspector and set

Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Atanas Ayarov

Just interested what others use as a zoom level vs resolution for their primary view, this has a coincidental impact on the sharpness of the VC ? I have a widescreen monitor 2560 x 1080 and have a zoom factor of 0.70. I am able to see from the bottom of all the primary displays to almost the top of the windows.

To get sharp textures in the 777 in P3D 2.5 I first turn off AA in P3D then open up Nvidia Inspector and set

Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

+1 

Makes the VC textures very sharp. 

+1 

Makes the VC textures very sharp. 

Do you happen to have before and after screenshots?

So far, I have no tweeks .. default setup and the PMDG VC looks good .. but, I would like to be testing the the same view/zoom which would be improved with the tweek applied.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW