Sign in to follow this  
Artur Munteanu

How I solved MY OOM FSX problem

Another difference is that when using FS9 AI models is that if you turn on Aircraft Cast Shadows the FS9 AI won't cast ground shadows but will actually become invisible leaving only the aircraft's navigation lights and beacon lights. If you don't use shadows then it won't be an issue.

This is true, I read about this issue on WOAI forum, but I don't use shadows, for planes and also I don't use shadows for scenery object.

A few of the differences of using FS9 AI models in FSX are that FS9 planes that have propellers will often display the propeller as a black disk when the engine is started. To fix this you will have to change the transparencies in the prop.bmp or use an FSX equivalent model.

When I was talking about the FS9 models from WOAI using more memory I was referring to the textures. You see, on the WOAI site you will see that some packages you can download for FS9 or FSX, while some are listed as just FS9. The ones listed for FSX still use the same FS9 models and FS9 compiled flight plans, but some of them listed for FSX have larger HD textures in 2048 or 4096 sized texture sheets, while the FS9 ones use 512 or 1024 sized textures. If you use the ones with large textures you will use up a lot more VAS. If I were you and are going to stick with WOAI, I would use the FS9 packages so that you get the smaller textures. On a side note, the UT2 AI use 1024 sized textures. You should also mip map the AI textures to help increase performance and reduce shimmer.

You know, reading all this about the difference for the two AI addons (WOAI and UT2), you make me think at an important problem that I didn't mention. And this was really a coincidence! In the same days, wich I has the new version of 737NGX and try some fly with 777, I made some modification for AI traffic: I start to import models from WOAI in UT2, I mean manual install in fsx, and some route database with power pack, because I wanted to substitute some of the daedalus planes wich wasn't present in UT2. Then (now that I think and turn on my steps) I remember that the OOM started right after that. Now I wonder if using WOAI models of planes in UT2 has something to do with that. There seems to be a lot of difference as you say betwen the models airplanes use. Infact when I was using the UT2 I've notice on airplanes imported from WOAI blac disk instead of engine, now that I use only WOAI, it seems to me that the engines are coming back.

So, I think that yes, can use UT2 with AI model from WOAI, but maybe some issue like OOM and various crashes can occure. Infact since I've start to import AI models in UT2 I've never encounter OOM, now that I remember, and on the other side now when I'm using ONLY WOAI the problems dissapeared. I mean the right solution can be : don't mix them toghether or to be more clear don't use AI models plane imported in UT2 from WOAI?

What do you think?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Like the disscution first about WOAI FP, telling me about boats, and hwo knows what else. Hwo says I wanna see boats or dogs or something else in a flight simulation??? My slider for boats is set to 0, like any other slider wich has nothing to do with planes. It's a sim about flight not about fishing. Even the road vehicles I set to zero, because if I want to see cars I switch on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and see as many cars I want. In a flight sim I wanna see planes not some stupid stuff that has nothing to do with piloting.

So you don't want the added realism of seeing cars, boats, etc which you might well see from the air when flying?

My wife once looked at my screen at one of the default airports in FS9 and said it looked like a ghost airport, as if the end of life on the planet had arrived. I had to agree and was so pleased when I moved to FSX and had airport traffic as well as AI aircraft and all the other transport modes. It makes the sim come alive and with my present rig (not particularly high end) I can run these things at moderate settings with no obvious impact.

Just my two cents worth! :rolleyes:

Iain Smith

Hi,

You might try using FSX DX10 mode, since all the textures will now be offloaded into graphic memory directly.

My FSX memory usage is sitting around 1.3 - 1.4GB flying with NGX.

But, you should buy DX10 Fixer in order to get rid of many DX10 problems.

Tri Nugroho

So you don't want the added realism of seeing cars, boats, etc which you might well see from the air when flying?

My wife once looked at my screen at one of the default airports in FS9 and said it looked like a ghost airport, as if the end of life on the planet had arrived. I had to agree and was so pleased when I moved to FSX and had airport traffic as well as AI aircraft and all the other transport modes. It makes the sim come alive and with my present rig (not particularly high end) I can run these things at moderate settings with no obvious impact.

Just my two cents worth! :rolleyes:

Iain Smith

Have you ever been in a real simulator? Well I do. In Italy at Thiene (VI) I pay my 80 euros for one hour fly with 737 NG and made my flight. The software wich simulate the outside cockpit view dosn't has anything else that empty airports, there are no cars, no boats nothing else but very accurate aiports design and land. Nothing else, not even AI traffic. And I say that I don't use the default FSX airport vehicles, NOT that I don't use airport vehicles. As I fly only in payware airports, they have thei're own ground traffic, so I don't need the FSX ground vehicles.

Take a look here to see the simulator wich I talk about:

Hi,

You might try using FSX DX10 mode, since all the textures will now be offloaded into graphic memory directly.

My FSX memory usage is sitting around 1.3 - 1.4GB flying with NGX.

But, you should buy DX10 Fixer in order to get rid of many DX10 problems.

Tri Nugroho

I used DX10 for 2 years with DX10 fix, but when I start to use some Fly Tampa airports, I have to quit, because the scenery from fly tampa aren't compatible at all with dx10, and the fix dx10 doesn't fix anything on they're airport scenery. It still remains black runaways with no texture, vehicles airport white with no texture, etc. Even PMDG suggest NOT to use DX10 in FSX. So I don't use it.

No issues here using  steves fixer  with any payware airports include  fly tampa airports  so cant  see  why your having  issues

Have you ever been in a real simulator?

A real simulator isn't a real aircraft so that is irrelevant.

Iain Smith

A real simulator isn't a real aircraft so that is irrelevant.

Iain Smith

Ah ok, because the FSX aircraft is for real! I understand... :LMAO:

Ah ok, because the FSX aircraft is for real! I understand... :LMAO:

No, obviously not, but the point of FSX is to make it as real as possible! In my opinion, your way reduces realism to an unacceptable level. But this is is just my opinion so you can laugh your backside off all you like - that is clearly your level of debate. So, I'm out of here!

Iain Smith

<p>Resuming this thread after more than one year.......</p>

<p>I Hadn't time to read the full discussion, so maybe what I'm gonna say has been written yet. Anyway......had the same OOM problem when landing at most complex addon airports (e.g. Aerosoft's EGLL or LFPG) with full AI traffic (a customized installation of WOAI and other AI aircraft). OS Win7 64bit, i7 CPU OC at 4.2, Nvidia GTX660 GPU, 16 Gb Ram.</p>

<p>Following an hint I found elsewhere, I replaced the UIAnimationCore.dll module with the one from Win Vista (6.0.5840.16386 version). It's located in the main FSX folder.</p>

<p>I just landed at dusk at EGLL with the CS767 (an a/c which I find in some way to be heavier on hardware than the PMDG ones), with full AI traffic (100%) and default real world weather with cloud density and viewing distance maxed out both.</p>

<p>Poor FPS of course (an average of 6.0 on short final), but no OOM at all.</p>

<p>I landed onto 09L, then taxied to T5......smoothly as silk.</p>

<p>Maybe is this the way, on my machine at least?.......</p>

The use of Memory Cleaner is not without risk.

For example, today I activated MC before loading FSX. That was not good. FSX crashed after 1/2 hour flying. Even an instant restart of FSX failed. I suspect a memory conflict.

I rebooted my system and made the same flight again without MC and all went well.

I'm a Memory Cleaner user but only when needed. I activate it on the fly. So keep an eye on your RAM. MC does not influence your VAS in any way, only your RAM. 

My advice would be to only use MC when needed and after FSX is fully loaded. Never before.

Good luck and blue skies.