Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

VC issues with NGX after installing latest installers

Hi everyone,

Just a few issues:-

1.   My HGS data now moves around the display.   It isn't centered like it used to be.   First time I am experiencing this issue since purchasing the product in 2011, and only after downloading the latest installers.

2.   I load the fuel same way I always did, through the FMC, however, when running the EICAS recall test, I get a fuel warning light, but there is nothing wrong with either the fuel pump configuration or the fuel load.  

Any suggestions?   Just checking to see whether anyone is experiencing similar issues.   Want to see if the community can help before submitting a ticket.   I haven't made any changes to software other than the latest installers, I didn't change anything on the system or within FSX.   Exactly the way it was working with the older installers.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what's going on with the HUGS (hugs are fantastic), but the fuel recall problem stems from a panel state issue.  To fix this, load your ngx in the default panel state.  Then shut everything down to either short, long , or clddrk, and then save that over the original panel states.  Then, if you load up in the new panel states, the fuel recall problem goes away.

Hope this helps!

Just did a flight and this is what I seen... worked good:

HUD-1_zpsdcolwn6y.jpg

And as a double check just to be sure, I checked another previous flight to see what it looked like:

HUD-2_zpsw7s3uoym.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm not sure what's going on with the HUGS (hugs are fantastic), but the fuel recall problem stems from a panel state issue.  To fix this, load your ngx in the default panel state.  Then shut everything down to either short, long , or clddrk, and then save that over the original panel states.  Then, if you load up in the new panel states, the fuel recall problem goes away.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, will try it and see what happens!

Just did a flight and this is what I seen... worked good:

HUD-1_zpsdcolwn6y.jpg

And as a double check just to be sure, I checked another previous flight to see what it looked like:

HUD-2_zpsw7s3uoym.jpg

Yes that is what mine used to look like, but now it doesn't anymore!

Kind regards

"Yes that is what mine used to look like, but now it doesn't anymore!"

I have a Wide screen monitor .. do you ?

Best Regards,

"Yes that is what mine used to look like, but now it doesn't anymore!"

I have a Wide screen monitor .. do you ?

No but that's not the point.   Yours is nicely in the center and it stays that way wherever the viewpoint shifts.   Mine is all over the place now.   It is almost like the "First spot, first shoot, first kill" type system in a fighter if I can liken it something.   It shifts, the projection doesn't remain in the middle of the glass, I doubt that has anything to do with how wide the monitor is mate.   I could be wrong, but that is why I am asking, since I have not had this issue before.   When I turn right for example at certain angles, the text that should be on the glass right in front of me shifts to the left hand front cockpit window.   Not exactly normal.

"I have a Wide screen monitor .. do you ?"

"No but that's not the point."

I was just trying to see if we had basically the same setup .. to do possible further compares.

Best Regards,

I'm having the same problem with the HUD, I even mentioned it to Kyle but he said me seat was set too far back. This never happened before the update, glad to see I'm not alone in this.

Jack Sawyer

If you use TIR and move your head around, the HUG's display changes perspective also. In fact, you can move your head (whilst wearing TIR ) and get to a point where the HUG's disappears altogether? This is also true if you use EZDOK, hit key 2 and use the arrow keys, and the display, once again, will move according to your eye point? That's how it's meant to work, just like the real one.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I'm having the same problem with the HUD, I even mentioned it to Kyle but he said me seat was set too far back. This never happened before the update, glad to see I'm not alone in this.

Maybe do a short video of what you are seeing on an approach.

Best Regards,

Unfortunatly I have no idea how to make a video. I have no desire to learn or buy the software/equipment either. I'd rather focus on flight than make videos. I've seen a lot of great YT's but that's just not for me.

I too have TRIR and EZCA but this never happened before the patch. Something in that patch messed things up. I know what I'm seeing compared to pre-patch.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

"I have a Wide screen monitor .. do you ?"

"No but that's not the point."

I was just trying to see if we had basically the same setup .. to do possible further compares.

No worries Vaughan lol.   Thanks trying to assist, I appreciate it.

If you use TIR and move your head around, the HUG's display changes perspective also. In fact, you can move your head (whilst wearing TIR ) and get to a point where the HUG's disappears altogether? This is also true if you use EZDOK, hit key 2 and use the arrow keys, and the display, once again, will move according to your eye point? That's how it's meant to work, just like the real one.

Thanks for the suggestions Mike, the problem is I don't have any extra devices and/or software attached to my FSX.   I use the had switch around to look around so I don't have things that can cause what you are describing, I don't even use TrackIR lol.   It is completely sofware related this.   I don't use EZDOK or any of those software packages either.   Apart from one airport add-on and FSGRW, it is completely vanilla FSX!

Same here, never had the issue, what I have now done is just uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and are going to put these aircraft back on and see if I still get this issue.

Thanks to everyone responding to this and trying to assist - that is what makes our community great :-).

Kind regards

Unfortunatly I have no idea how to make a video. I have no desire to learn or buy the software/equipment either. I'd rather focus on flight than make videos. I've seen a lot of great YT's but that's just not for me.

I too have TRIR and EZCA but this never happened before the patch. Something in that patch messed things up. I know what I'm seeing compared to pre-patch.

Thanks.

I should have said video or couple screenshots ... sometimes helps to find what's wrong.

Best Regards,

I'm confused as to what the actual issue is here, guys. Those pictures look normal to me (if you didn't know already, the HGS will automatically dump over to AIII if you set the NAV1 and 2 freqs to the same ILS freq - you'll see this when configuring the HGS for landing on the pedestal). The only difference I see between the two is that one of them isn't in AIII mode (it's in PRI), and the other is. Otherwise, looks like the zoom is different.

Kyle Rodgers

The pictures I posted?

If so, I mentioned the HUD was good on the approaches.

Best Regards,