Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

VC issues with NGX after installing latest installers

I'm confused as to what the actual issue is here, guys. Those pictures look normal to me (if you didn't know already, the HGS will automatically dump over to AIII if you set the NAV1 and 2 freqs to the same ILS freq - you'll see this when configuring the HGS for landing on the pedestal). The only difference I see between the two is that one of them isn't in AIII mode (it's in PRI), and the other is. Otherwise, looks like the zoom is different.

Kyle,

His pictures are the normal ones, we who complain have not posted pictures yet lol.   I only just got back to my pc for the weekend so I am installing the aircraft now and will see what it does.   But basically, as I explained, all the text or the projection on the HGS shifts all over the place, it is like someone is  physically moving the projector overhead, it is not fixed like it used to be.   First time issue for me since I bought it in 2011.   That is why I likened it to a fighter pilot's HUD being projected on his visor so that he can tract a bandit wherever he is looking.   That sort of thing.

Kind regards

Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough, Kyle is correct, there is nothing wrong with the HUGS display. It's designed to act like the real thing and moves on the HUD glass according to your viewing perspective. It does not matter which views you use i.e. FSX default, EZDOK, Opus or TIR. The HUGS will behave in the same manner with all of them. I think the vid I made might describe it better.
[sharedmedia=videos:videos:359]

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

If that's what you're seeing, it's exactly how it's supposed to work. This is called a collimated HUD.

In the real world, this has two advantages. The first part, which you sadly can't see in FSX, is that it overlays the image for the HUD focused to infinity. This means your eyes don't have to adjust from what you see in the outside world, to the information projected by the HUD. Instead, the image looks sharp when you focus your eyes to the objects outside.

The part you CAN see in FSX, and which PMDG have rendered wonderfully, is the way the image seems to be "pasted on" the outside world. As you can see in the video Mike posted above, the image seems to move with the outside world. This is quite handy, since it means the information is always rendered in the correct place. This needs to be true for a proper HUD, since you'd like to have the trend vector in the correct place at all times, no matter if your head is shifted slightly to one side or the other.

Again, if that's what you're seeing, there's nothing wrong with the image.

Of course, if what you're seeing is different behaviour, there may be more to this...

Thomas, yes it is similar to it.   I never experienced it before though, that is why it was strange to me.  Thanks for the explanations everyone, I appreciate it.

Kind regards