Sign in to follow this  

nVidia 347.88 drivers out

All seems fine here with my GTX970.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Got to test the driver tonight, all seems good, haven't spotted anything broken ... performance seems the same.

Cheers, Rob.

I've been trying to resolve an issue with stuttering when panning. It happens in any view but is really noticeable in VC mode where panning is not very smooth. I tried pretty much everything I could think of from reducing my texture settings to deleting the shaders. 

I reverted to 347.52 and the problem went away. 

I'm curious to see if anyone experienced this issue.

I reverted to 347.52 and the problem went away. 

Interesting ... I have noticed (for P3D v2.5) that some lights (KIAH) are odd looking with 347.88 and seem to revert to a "normal" state as I approach them.  Also noticed that some airport lights (not all) are missing (LTBA) whoever PAPI lights are working fine ... don't know if this is an issue with the drivers or with the airport or some Orbx FTX Global/OpenLC/Vector conflict.  I can't really test driver side of this equation because there are no earlier drivers for the Titan X.

Also noted a strange issue with ShadowPlay at 4K @ 60Hz but recording at 30 fps ... my actual in-flight experience was extremely smooth, yet ShadowPlay's recording was full of "Jitters" (similar to how the Q400 is in Spot view).  You can see "jitters" in my video, but in the upper left my FPS is locked solid at 30 (no fluctuation).  

If I set my monitors refresh back to 30Hz and lock at 30 fps, the ShadowPlay recording has no jitters ... but my flight experience isn't as smooth at 30Hz (same panning issue) vs. when I set the monitor to 60Hz even thought I'm locked at 30 fps in both cases.

Going to have to ponder this one ... it's almost as if ShadowPlay was operating at 60Hz rather than the 30Hz (30 fps) I had it set to in ShadowPlay options.  Hmmm ... so ShadowPlay locks to monitor refresh regards of recording FPS setting.  I wonder if this is a bug or just how ShadowPlay works?  Or could this be the nvidia G-Sync is getting confused with my Sony which isn't G-Sync

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, that sounds like hanging on to old frames which twice as long @30, than 60, (when the next sync demands a new frame and it's not ready). Shows up in the sim or in the movie depending on where you set 30.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Shows up in the sim or in the movie depending on where you set 30.

ShadowPlay is set to record at 30 fps.  P3D is locked at 30 fps (Vsync off and triple buffer off).  Monitor refresh is set to 60Hz.  What seems to be happening is that P3D likes the 60Hz/30FPS combo but ShadowPlay does NOT.

I can try FRAPS but I'm certain it will introduce performance issues as FRAPS records 4K at VERY high bit rates compared to Shadow Play.

I think my only option "for now" is a BMD 4K capture card ... but as I understand it the BMD 4K card only captures YCrCb420 @ 60Hz, not YCrCb444 @ 60Hz.

Cheers, Rob.

A-B 420 with 444 there's better colour with 444, got you.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Interesting ... I have noticed (for P3D v2.5) that some lights (KIAH) are odd looking with 347.88 and seem to revert to a "normal" state as I approach them.  Also noticed that some airport lights (not all) are missing (LTBA) whoever PAPI lights are working fine ... don't know if this is an issue with the drivers or with the airport or some Orbx FTX Global/OpenLC/Vector conflict.  I can't really test driver side of this equation because there are no earlier drivers for the Titan X.

Also noted a strange issue with ShadowPlay at 4K @ 60Hz but recording at 30 fps ... my actual in-flight experience was extremely smooth, yet ShadowPlay's recording was full of "Jitters" (similar to how the Q400 is in Spot view).  You can see "jitters" in my video, but in the upper left my FPS is locked solid at 30 (no fluctuation).  

If I set my monitors refresh back to 30Hz and lock at 30 fps, the ShadowPlay recording has no jitters ... but my flight experience isn't as smooth at 30Hz (same panning issue) vs. when I set the monitor to 60Hz even thought I'm locked at 30 fps in both cases.

Going to have to ponder this one ... it's almost as if ShadowPlay was operating at 60Hz rather than the 30Hz (30 fps) I had it set to in ShadowPlay options.  Hmmm ... so ShadowPlay locks to monitor refresh regards of recording FPS setting.  I wonder if this is a bug or just how ShadowPlay works?  Or could this be the nvidia G-Sync is getting confused with my Sony which isn't G-Sync

Cheers, Rob.

I probably should have mentioned that I am also on P3D 2.5. What's interesting is that on the same hardware, I got better performance (same FPS but smoother) with 2.4 than I am now getting with 2.5. I can only assume that there are some things that 2.5 does differently in the background vs 2.4.