Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X - would P3D be able to unleash this card's full potential?

Thanks Rob,

That is a great setup you have there. Are you happy with that TV? Is there any ghosting?

Do you set it at 60Hz, and can it be set to120Hz

Thanks again

Aron

re you happy with that TV? Is there any ghosting?
Do you set it at 60Hz, and can it be set to120Hz

Very happy with it.  No ghosting at all ... but be warned there are many many setup options for the TV and they vary based on signal source RGB vs. YCbCr444 ... YCbCr provides the most options and seems to work best with P3D's HDR.

4K tops out at 60Hz, but you'll also need a high quality HDMI 2.0 cable that supports 60Hz @ 4K.  It'll do 120Hz at lower resolutions.   

Cheers, Rob.

Very happy with it.  No ghosting at all ... but be warned there are many many setup options for the TV and they vary based on signal source RGB vs. YCbCr444 ... YCbCr provides the most options and seems to work best with P3D's HDR.

4K tops out at 60Hz, but you'll also need a high quality HDMI 2.0 cable that supports 60Hz @ 4K.  It'll do 120Hz at lower resolutions.   

Cheers, Rob.

Great to hear. Not afraid of tweaking, I've been doing that before my hair started turning grey. I also did a lot of work with color calibration a while back.

Thanks again for the info.

Sincerly, Aron

Does anyone in here know the difference between 30 and PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_FPS_30 looking at the FPS limiter in NI?

Richard Åsberg

Both the same value 1E. the developer also added a load of predefined values 29 to 120 to the list.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Both the same value 1E. the developer also added a load of predefined values 29 to 120 to the list.

Got it. Thought using 30 rather than the predefined equivalent gave me a smoother ride but then I know it was only my imagination :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Yes it's actually 0xF000001E and 0x0000001E but the F is masked so I presume it differentiates it from the other 30 in the list of values that way.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You need nVidia to provide an SLI profile for P3D ... I've dropped my expectations of that happening, but still hope it happens even if it's a remote hope.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm a bit confused, I am in the middle of my new build and I just purchased P3D. In the build I have 3 evga 580 with three 24' monitors if I can't sli the 580's because of the driver issue then what settings are you guys using for the three independent cards.

In P3D

thanks

Carlo

what settings are you guys using for the three independent cards.

What do you need three cards for? I run 4 monitors of a single GTX 780....

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

What do you need three cards for? I run 4 monitors of a single GTX 780....

What resolution are you running? I'M at 6144 by 1152.

What resolution are you running? I'M at 6144 by 1152.

I'm at 5910x1080 plus a fourth monitor for 2D pop-ups.

image1.jpg

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

That is nice and clean and impressively cool for one Video card.

Congrats.

That is nice and clean and impressively cool for one Video card.

And I get around 30 fps in the NGX even on complex add-on airports. Only few exceptions. This is with a GTX 780. My very personal opinion is that it makes absolutely no sense to spend in excess of 1000 Euros on a Titan X just to be able to move up some sliders a bit more than I can. In the end, if you fly tubes then the bottleneck is the CPU anyways.