Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

GSX vehicles sounds like cessna airplanes?

does anyone have this problem? i am running v2.5, i would make a post over on their forums but i am currently waiting to get approved by their staff. 

regards. 

shane

Yes i experience the same but also had this issue with all 2.x versions of p3d

Carsten U

thanks lash ill test it out in a second and report the results.

shane

edit: it worked for me, its just a tedious task of going through like 20 folders pretty simple. thanks again lash!

I don't know if it's the same answer:

I had to remove two files from the Sounds folder. Mine were located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\sound\

Remove (don't delete in case you want them back) these too files.  xai_singleprop01.wav   &    ai_singleprop01.wav

FSX and P3D use these generic prop single engine sounds for the ground vehicles.  (Thanks Microsoft)...  One is for inside cabin ground vehicle sound for the muffled effect and the other is the clear louder version for outside views.

But it works!

The answer is something I copied from a forum. I'm sorry that I can't give credits as I do not know where I have it from.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks lash ill test it out in a second and report the results.

shane

edit: it worked for me, its just a tedious task of going through like 20 folders pretty simple. thanks again lash!

No problem. Glad it works! Now I'm waiting patiently till I get home so I can finally enjoy GSX servicing my aircraft without the sound of a cessna idling beside me :-)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design