Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Program Pin Error In SP1d

Did you try the recommendation offered by "Simon30" does that provide a work-around to the problem?

The entire thread has PRO-ATC/X in common.  Can the PIN ERROR be generated without the ATC simulation?

A PIN ERROR message means the FMS program has encountered an exception internally and has halted running.  This should be rare, otherwise we'd still be in beta getting rid of it. It could be caused by a corrupt route file, it shouldn't but it's possible, but anything else means there might be a bug that needs tracked down.  Any help you guys can provide in isolating how to create this error is going to help.  If it is shown that PRO-ATC/X is causing the error then there's not much PMDG can do about that but understanding the problem is part of the solution.

Once a definitive method of causing the problem (step by step reproducible) then it should go on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support to ensure it gets snagged by the bug tracking system.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am getting these too, sporadically.  Simon's method works for departure, but does anyone have a workaround for preventing/resolving it during approach phase?  I do not alway know which STAR/landing runway I will be using.  Like many others, I am also using Pro-ATC.  So far this only seems to happen with the NGX.  Never had it happen on the 777, which I use more often.

Andrew Jones

I am getting these too, sporadically.  Simon's method works for departure, but does anyone have a workaround for preventing/resolving it during approach phase?  I do not alway know which STAR/landing runway I will be using.  Like many others, I am also using Pro-ATC.  The problem seemed to show up after installing FS2Crew REBOOT.  So far this only seems to happen with the NGX.  Never had it happen on the 777, which I use more often.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

The entire thread has PRO-ATC/X in common.  Can the PIN ERROR be generated without the ATC simulation?

Once a definitive method of causing the problem (step by step reproducible) then it should go on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support to ensure it gets snagged by the bug tracking system.

Since Mike reported the issue, other ProATC beta team members have tried to reproduce the issue (me including). But... the only time one of us (except Mike) got the PIN ERROR was, when he was not using ProATC with the NGX. When it happened, he was doing circuits at ESSA with nothing other than NGX running.

As far as I know, PMDG already has a few tickets on the subject.

As noted before, ProATC users started reporting this only after they had installed the latest version of the NGX. On the first page of this thread, you can also see mention of this happening without the use of ProATC.

I'm running old version of the NXG on FSX and haven't been able to get this error on my system.

I was suffering from the same frustrating issue...frequent Program PIN errors in the PMDG 737 FMS after loading a CO ROUTE generated by ProATC/X, and then trying to select runways and/or SIDs/STARS on the FMS.

One thing that worked for me was to restore my latest AIRAC data using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager app (even though I had previously installed this AIRAC cycle in all my relevant add-ons - both ProATC/X and PMDG 737).   After restoring this data in all my add-ons and going through the recommended ProATC/X steps for a new AIRAC set, the Program PIN errors stopped.  At least for now.