Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Ronald Reagan Passes Away

Guest rebelflag

God Speed to a true American hero. The flag is at half mast for a man who brought honor back to the American Presidency, and made people once again proud to be American.Bill Bouxsein

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"Remarks at the Brandenburg Gate West Berlin, Germany June 12, 1987Thank you Mr. President.Tobias KisterGermany

Guest TangoWiski

After having lived in Europe during the Cold War, I returned to the US in 1980 and worked in the first Reagan-Bush campaign, then his innaugural, and then for him in the Pentagon for four years. I count my service to Ronald Reagan as the proudest time of my life. God speed Mr. President.

Godspeed, Mr. President. I was most proud to have served in the Navy under your leadership, and thank you for bringing prestige back to those of us in the military in those troublesome times. You will always be remembered...Ken Wood :-sun1Former Aerographers Mate (AG), United States Navy (1978-1992)

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Yes, President Reagan rekindled our pride as Americans. But his leadership was felt across the world. Our condolences to his family, and our appreciation for sharing him with us for those wonderful years. Happy trails Gipper, until we meet again.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest ndblaikie

:-halo"Whatever else history may say about me when I

Guest jdu

I wish I had been alive during his presidency, I can only hope we get another like him, he was the one of the best. God speed, Sir!

Guest Gator40019

Godspeed sir,My first Presidential vote went to you. So did my second.May we all listen to the lessons taught by that great cowboy. Look forward with optimism, Stand by your priciples with dedication and strength to name only a couple.My condolences to Mrs. Reagan and the family.This time it is you who have 'Slipped the surley bonds of earth to touch the face of God'---Address to the nation on the Challenger disaster Oval Office January 28, 1986 ---Steve Whalin

Actually D-day was June 6th, and he passed on the 5th.The coincidence is that he passed upon the same day Jimmy Carter had his submarine christened. That is the coincidence here, IMHO.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

I have many fond memories of President Reagan.I served six years in the United States Marine Corps where he was my Commander in Chief, along with President George Bush for a short time in 1989.In 1988, I listened to him speak at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills, Illinois during the campaign for President Bush. A Wonderful speech.He is a President, who IMHO, has left a legacy for our world, that of Freedom, and conservatism.He will surely be missed by many, and my Family and I have extended our condolences to his family.You may do so here:https://www.ronaldreaganmemorial.com/condolence_book.aspMemorial Donations Here:http://www.ronaldreaganmemorial.com/memorial_fund.aspHe is now with the lord, and is at peace.God Bless You Ronald,Best Regards,Joehttp://aboutpolitics.net/images/bannerav.gif.About Politics.net - FORUMShttp://pub162.ezboard.com/baboutpolitics.Contribute to the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund.http://www.avsim.com/pages/scholarship.shtml

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Ronald Reagan, steel in his convictions and his vision, oversaw the defeat of communism with the full and personal understanding of the risks involved, borne of the tragic lessons of worldwide mechanised warfare witnessed in his young life. A truly great leader...probably forever underappreciated by the hundreds of millions of people who stood to perish in the nuclear global confict that was only one bad decision away when he took office.Communicator, teambuilder, patriot, and father figure...he was all those things. Few are born to accomplish so much, and for so many. That our democratic system singled him out, bridled him with the awesome mantle of such responsibility, and trusted to him our fates speaks volumes on our future as a society.Our nation, and indeed the entire world, is forever in his debt. Pray that we prove worthy of such a legacy.R. J. ScottLt Col, USAF

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest United

Whereas I had no liking of the Reagan administration I have a great deal of respect for the pain and suffering of Mr.Reagan and his family with regard to Alzheimer's. This president and his wife and family suffered 10 long years that no person should have to. Alzheimer's is like a long painful season of cancer and I salute Mrs.Reagan's resolve to continue to lead a fight against the dreaded disease of Alzheimer's Dementia.Randy Jura, KPDX