Sign in to follow this  
PAINMAN

How Long?

Will the lower price for the T7 be available?

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Will the lower price for the T7 be available?

From our website:

product_header_777LRF_p3d.jpg

(Until April 6, 2015)

Kyle Rodgers

And it was released?

I dont remember :blink:

Kind regards

Ahhhh Kyle i must have missed that sorry for that.

Thx

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Ahhhh Kyle i must have missed that sorry for that.
Thx

No worries. I just wanted to use a concrete, hard evidence thing off of our site. We actually moved the date back slightly to match the NGX promotional pricing date, so I wanted to head off any potential confusion from anyone who hadn't seen the updated date.

Kyle Rodgers

Understood :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Yes I agree with you Alex.   Most of us will not be moving to P3D until the promised 64 bit transpires and if we already have it in FSX, some kind of recognition for their regular customers is good business sense.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I still have no idea why the price is going up to $125

Yes I agree with you Alex.   Most of us will not be moving to P3D until the promised 64 bit transpires and if we already have it in FSX, some kind of recognition for their regular customers is good business sense.

This:

"When we announced development for P3D 18 months ago, we were very candid about the fact that our P3D products will be significantly more expensive than our FSX products.  This is true because we envision P3D as the home for our enterprise and professional products, in keeping with P3D's place in the enterprise market.  P3D is a growing, in-development platform that will be constantly changing and evolving to meet the needs of the professional simulation market.  With this in mind, it is thus not sufficient for PMDG to finish a product and simply toss it to the marketplace forever.  We will need to invest developer time and effort to continually adapt our P3D products to version changes, as well as adding new features as they come available in P3D.  This is a different approach than we use in FSX, and it is a different approach than is used by most other developers whose products are targeted to the entertainment market only.  Use of developer time is an opportunity cost, and we must carefully weigh the value of placing a developer on one project as opposed to another.  These are economic considerations that must be dealt with because we envision our P3D product line as a constantly evolving, growing, professional development environment.  P3D is a professional tool targeted to professional and academic users and our P3D business model moves us in that direction.

Some have expressed concern about forward compatibility with LM version changes.  We have already indicated that our current product licensing will carry you through at least v3.x and x64bit conversion, which we anticipate taking place in v3.x... based on publicly available information.)  I am unable to predict what will happen beyond this, but at that point we are likely a good 2 years out and we will evaluate what is fair for the marketplace at that time."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

Keep it clean.

Kyle Rodgers

In other words: business. As long as there are people who pay it - and there will be - that's how long the price will evolve.

However I'm "buying" the story that this is to compensate time spent on new version requirements. It's like buying new car, you still have a price to pay but dealer may offer a nice "offer" - here reduced price for certain period of time.

Tom Link

In other words: business. As long as there are people who pay it - and there will be - that's how long the price will evolve.

However I'm "buying" the story that this is to compensate time spent on new version requirements. It's like buying new car, you still have a price to pay but dealer may offer a nice "offer" - here reduced price for certain period of time.

You are off base. If you want to look at it from a "Business" standpoint, then consider it as purchasing a lifetime warranty and upgrade when the new model comes out!