Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

fsx and fsxse on two disks.

Bonjour,

My computer has 2 W7 X64 bootable disks.

One disk is for FSX and the other for FSXSE.

I tried to copy the "opus software" folder with the .lic and .key files from FSX disk to FSXSE disk... But it is not working, and i am in demo mode.

So I think I have to restart from the flight1 wrapper, but I am not sure that it will not invalidate my FSX license, even if it is the same PC and that FSX and FSXSE will never run at the same time.

How can I do that ?

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

All the Opus licence files must be stored in your c:\Opus Software folder, no matter what or where your sim is installed.

You don't need separate licences for each sim type. The FSISERVER can be configured and used for FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D. Just configure the sim type and identify all of your sim install folders in its Configure dialog. You can also use the FSX, STEAM, and P3D program arguments to instruct the FSISERVER to operate in a specific mode.

Stephen :-)

So keep all your license files in c:\Opus Software folder.

Create shortcuts or configure each of the sim EXE.XML files, or start using FSUIPC4 in each case. Use a program argument I select the required sim type ...

FSISERVER FSX ... to select FSX sim type.

FSISERVER STEAM ... to select FSX Steam Edition.

FSISERVER P3D ... to select Prepar3D.

Just make sure you have identified each of the above sim install folders in the Configure dialog.

All the Opus licence files must be stored in your c:\Opus Software folder, no matter what or where your sim is installed.

Yes... I understand.  

When I boot from the FSX disk, everything is OK, but when I boot from the FSXSE disk the licence files are no longer on the C: disk, but on the D: disk... That's why I tried to copy the folder with the licenses from the FSX disk to the FSXSE disk, but it doesn' work.

I think OPSFSI see this configuration as 2 different PC.

Cheers

Claude

For info I did this kind of installation, because ORBX is not able to manage FSX and FSXSE on the same system. They said we have to choose: FSX or FSXSE. 

Claude Troncy

The software just looks in your c:\Opus Software folder for its licence, so there should always be a copy in there. I believe F1 also installs the lic files in your Windows folder so have a look there for both bootable versions. Just make sure there is always one c:\Opus Software and only one install folder of OpusFSI.

I have FSX and P3D, and soon FSX-SE each installed on their own dedicated SSDs but I always boot from the single drive C.

Hi Stephen,

The log says invalid License... and I cannot find any lic files in the windows folder.

I always boot from the single drive C

I cannot boot from one single drive C as ORBX is not able to manage dual install (FSX FSXSE) on the same system.

If I re-install on the FSXSE disk through the F1 wrapper, do you think that it will not invalidate the one installed on FSX ?

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

If you have recently changed your hardware then you may need to reactivate your licence(s) as they are hardware specific.

No hardware changes, but booting from two different W7 will make my PC seen as two different computers.

I do no know if reactivating OPUSFSI in the FSXSE environment will deactivate the one in FSX.

I sent a ticket to F1, and I am waiting for an answer.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

Hi Cheryl,

Yes the license is independent of the sim type, but is dependent of the computer hardware id, which is different for each bootable disk even if it is the same hardware. (Different W7 with two different activation)

Claude

Claude Troncy

Bonsoir Cheryl and Stephen.

As I did not receive any answer from Flight1, I decided to install the license through their wrapper in the FSXSE environment.

Everything went good, and I am still able to boot from the FSX disk, and run OPUSFSI which was not deactivated by the new activation.

So I can migrate quietly in FSXSE, (which seems to perform better than FSX), and keep FSX in case of a DTG update breaks something, as the relations between DTG ans some addon providers are, I would say, complicated.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy