Sign in to follow this  
OAK738

Best AI Traffic?

Hoping this is the right place to post this...

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

What's the best AI Traffic solution for P3D 2.5? I'm amazed at how little is currently out there on the market.

Im using WOAI works perfectly.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I don't know whether it's the best (probably not), but I've gotten My Traffic to work quite nicely with P3D 2.5. It involves buying the patch for P3D v1 and then making some changes to one of the config files. The models aren't the prettiest but the FPS hit isn't too bad.

Regards,

Walter Meier

According to Burkhard's posts on the MyTraffic support forum, version 6, with P3D 2.5 support, is nearly ready - about to go to release candidate.  More in this thread and elsewhere on the forums.

It really depends on what you mean by "The best". The best would be the freeware option (AIG, TFS, FAIB etc). They are the best looking models with the best looking paints with the most accurate and up to date plans. But it requires a fair bit of work to setup and maintain.  The easiest way is the payware route, MyTraffic or UT2.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'm an AI nut went from WOAI to custom traffic....I found the Airspace around Pakistan was devoid of AI - now I have military, Civilian, GA and other AI, all over the shore. Best place to start is Alpha India .net the link to their forums below.... and fill your Skies with current AI....

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I swear to UT2 also... although, I could wish for some updated traffic-plans... (the 787 and 380 is more used, than the current plans from 2013)...

On a side note: a little curious, as to why this is posted in the PMDG General forums?! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

No matter which one you get, once you have it installed, be sure you disable the default Traffic.bgl file.    That file was the source of my incredibly BAD frame rates with AI traffic rolling around.  As it was explained to me, the flight plans and AI Aircraft use default FSX (even in P3D) aircraft which were meant be be flown by the player, which means all those ORBIT, PACIFICA and WORLD TRAVEL airplanes it is spawning in are eating your lunch because of the sophistication of the model used.   Stuff like WOAI, UT2, ICE; they use models specifically design to just be there to 'look at' so there is no hit because of complex calculations.   AI don't need complex calculations.  They just need to move where the AFCAD tells them too and be done with it.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

No matter which one you get, once you have it installed, be sure you disable the default Traffic.bgl file.

I use UT2 and love it. However I have never heard of disabling the default traffic file. Exactly how do I do this? Can you provide details on how to do this? I have FSX Gold, Win7.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

However I have never heard of disabling the default traffic file. Exactly how do I do this? Can you provide details on how to do this? I have FSX Gold, Win7.

Thanks.

Go to your scenery/world/scenery folder.  Find your traffic.bgl and rename it to traffic.blg.  That disables it and will stop default traffic in P3d/FSX

But I thought UT2 has an option to not use those default planes such as Orbit and the other fictitious airlines. I guess it may help with the GA planes right? I have mine set to 35% I think and i never get OOM's but then again I don't use a lot of heavy hitting scenery either.

I'll have to try your suggestion.

Jack Sawyer

Go to your scenery/world/scenery folder.  Find your traffic.bgl and rename it to traffic.blg.  That disables it and will stop default traffic in P3d/FSX

As stated here.  You can name it anything you want.  I named my traffic.old     just so long as it does not end in BGL extension it won't load.    If UT2/MyTraffic disable it autoamtically, great!   But best to go double check in the folder listed above just to make sure it's not on.   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it the next time I boot the PC.

Jack Sawyer