Sign in to follow this  
OAK738

Best AI Traffic?

I have only just recently installed WoAI into P3D.  Its works very well and I only notice an impact on fps if i have it set at about the 80% mark, so am happy about that.

However, are there any utilities available which allow AI to fly more complex (waypoint to waypoint) routes or perform SID/STARS?   From what I recall in the FSX days they could only fly simple A to B routes.

I have only just recently installed WoAI into P3D.  Its works very well and I only notice an impact on fps if i have it set at about the 80% mark, so am happy about that.

However, are there any utilities available which allow AI to fly more complex (waypoint to waypoint) routes or perform SID/STARS?   From what I recall in the FSX days they could only fly simple A to B routes.

Not sure but why do you need to waste processing power on AI doing such things 150 miles from your plane?   We really only need them at the airports really.   That being said, I do get plenty of traffic while enroute too.  I've had several TCAS minor incidents while flying from one place to the other and on my last flight down the California coast I had an Atlas Air 747 Cargo plane following me down to LAX from Seattle.   That was awesome.  We kept a  nice 4 mile separation.   

Now... as I right this... there was a program that made AI do sids and stars.. I can't think of it!   It was a user made mod and it worked fairly well.  It prevent planes from coming in too close together and doing frequent missed approach/go arounds.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Now... as I right this... there was a program that made AI do sids and stars.. I can't think of it!   It was a user made mod and it worked fairly well.  It prevent planes from coming in too close together and doing frequent missed approach/go arounds.

I seem to recall something called AISmooth (?)   I guess thats all I really need.

I seem to recall something called AISmooth (?)   I guess thats all I really need.

Huge thread on it in the FSX forum.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462339-ai-controller-14-sid-jet-route-star-and-final-approach-new-beta/page-1

AISmooth and AISeparation only kept the AI from flying into you or each other.  AIController makes the AI fly Jet Routes, SIDS and STARS.  You also see AI on oceanic routes if your set it up properly (unlike UT2 that loses AI over the big ponds).

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Don't waste time posting about it. Pirate is a pirate. These posts will be gone soon - and good.

Tom Link

Maybe things changed. Maybe they don't care but I'm sure avsim cares about NOT promoting piracy.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Tom Link

Maybe things changed. Maybe they don't care but I'm sure avsim cares about NOT promoting piracy.

But maybe I'm wrong.

I found a very informative aritcle with a history of this product and I see the problem with it now.   Removing my posts.  It is a shame.  The installer system is much easier to use than others and better organized.  Shame.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Brian, would you mind posting a link to that article? It would be good for folks to be informed as to why it is considered pirated software. 

Cheers.