Sign in to follow this  
RotorWash

I Want I Want I Want

Only one :-)

Actually two of them one for me and one for you  :yahoo:

Rich Sennett

I think you'd have to have rocks in ya head, or more money than sence, to splurge out that kind of of money. Looks pretty cool though.

:LMAO:

Rich Sennett

Just look at what you get with a Jet Max system for half the money

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Neat...kinda...but if I'm going to that level of realism, I'm going to go full out. The CDU on the panel like that kinda bothers me.

I know what ya mean about the CDU, though I kinda like the config for a practical desktop approach.

Just look at what you get with a Jet Max system for half the money

Agree right there. And that is with overhead and TQ also.

In my opinion, for this price it looks like some cheap stuff.

I've seen a lot of better 737NG home cockpit manufacturers in the net.

I haven't done the exact calculation, but I am 99% sure this money could be enough to build a much more real replica of ready components.

I agree mounting FMC vertically on the main panel looks like a joke. Same for the radio panels.

No trolling of any kind on my side. I also have a simple home made cockpit and I am very much interested in complex solutions.

All I am trying to say is I would never give my fourteen thousand dollars to THESE guys. :wink:

In my opinion, for this price it looks like some cheap stuff.

I've seen a lot of better 737NG home cockpit manufacturers in the net.

I haven't done the exact calculation, but I am 99% sure this money could be enough to build a much more real replica of ready components.

I agree mounting FMC vertically on the main panel looks like a joke. Same for the radio panels.

No trolling of any kind on my side. I also have a simple home made cockpit and I am very much interested in complex solutions.

All I am trying to say is I would never give my fourteen thousand dollars to THESE guys. :wink:

For myself personally, it's not important to have a perfect replica of a 737, I could never convince myself that I was piloting the real thing, no matter how accurate the flight deck was reproduced. My main concern would be, to have all the crucial equipment at hand, I think the configuration is very compact and practical for a desktop application. This does not mean I wouldn't move a few things around. I don't know why most people wouldn go past an iPad version of Virtual Avionics FMC. I wish we could get an iPad version of the ND and other displays, anyone :-)

The cost of sim hardware of this type is already far too expensive. I edited out my first post on this in case I was not sure of my facts. Thanks for the link to the actual price.

Never trust PR pages that present pictures and projects like this but with no price to be seen. For this cash you can buy a whole decent car with an engine, four seats, air conditioning, radio, heater, etc, etc.

But elsewhere there are "professional" flight controls which to me look like a yoke inserted into a cheap metal box, for 3,000 Euros. Probably slightly better than a Saitek but not 2,700 Euros better! The whole sim hardware business really needs a reality check, or perhaps there is a mug every minute.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page