Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Anyone with NGX and FlytampaCopenhagen/Aerosoft Oslo want to check VAS usage quickly?

Hi. Yes, another VAS post (sorry about that) but I'm having a hard believing this insane VAS usage. Here's what I have done:

I made a fresh install two days ago and now after slowly installing all add ons to my liking I wanted to check VAS usage (with process explorer), but it turned out to be horrendous. Example: Sitting in the cockpit of the NGX at FlyTampa Copehangen or Aerosoft Oslo X consumes 3500MB. Add startup of FS2Crew and GSX on top of that and you probably won't be able to leave the airport. 

Here's a list of the most important add ons (other that the one's previously mentioned) and settings:

- FTX Global+FTX Norway+Vector+OpenLC

- ASN

- REX4 TD + Soft Clouds

- (GSX, FSUIPC, addons manager, EZdok)

- Settings as basicly a nerfed version of Rob's "Long Haul" settings, i.e autogen set to dense for instance to decrease VAS

... and here's what I have tried to do myself:

- Startup according to Rob's recommendations (i.e load up flight, clear weather, save file, load file again etc). Doesn't work, same VAS usage.

- Disabling Vector, REX 4 textures and ASN provides no change at all in VAS usage

- Made sure I'm using only 1024 textures

- Applied the P3D 2.5 Hotfix just to check

- Tried switching back to OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0, no change

It would be much appreciated if anyone could do a brief and quick test at the same airports (if you have them). It might be that the VAS usage I'm seeing is actual and real, but I suspect differently. More testing when I get home though. Anyway, have a nice day  :BigGrin:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

hmm something is not right. Go to Gate C37 (EKCH) and have a look 360 degrees around outside and go back to VC.

With my settings at TML1024 i am at 2.7-2.9GB in the NGX and at 3.1.-3.3 in the PMDG777. 

Autogen Buildings on normal . LOD max and complexity MAX. Vegetation on Very Dense. Water Ultra. Traffic road 15% and UTII at 40%. Textures at 15cm (Also try set Tesselation to max)

I do not have FTX Vector though (can take up to 200-250mb VAS)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for replying, Michael, appreciate it. 

Maybe I could drop autogen down to normal, but you are still running higher settings on both vegetation and water for instance. All traffic is disabled as well. Tessellation is set to max. Strange indeed.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Does indeed sound a little strange...

I started yesterday at gate F3 in the PMDG NGX... 

although I run different settings, I started at around 2.2-2.3 GB VAS used ... 

As I recall the settings:

Autogen Buildings: Sparse

Autogen Trees: Normal

Scenery Complexity: Normal

No traffic (UT2 although running!)

FTX Global

FTX EU LC

4096 texture res... 

REX4 (2048 res)

REX Soft Clouds

(don't remember the rest...)

I came out of FlyTampa-Copenhagen quite nice (and FPS was not below 30 - greatly thanks to the OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 tweak (<-- really great find!))... 

What really surprised me, was that about 80 nm away from Copenhagen - climbing though FL230 - I suddenly was met with an OOM ...

Well, I suppose I'll have to do some more testing ... what puzzles me a little, is that the VAS usage usually drops when leaving the airport area - especially when climbing to cruise altitudes...   

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yes, VAS usage usually drops a little bit after departure. I think it does that in Vanilla FSX as well.

But anyway, I must have a serious VAS consumer hidden somewhere  :wacko:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hmm i just installed Vector (only highway roads)and FS2CREW and now i cant complete a flight (EGLL_EKCH)even though i had 500mb before those two add-ons.

Now normally i would say that they use about 250mb total but strange thing is that it might be Ultimate Traffic 2 that does have some leak and therefor an effect .(at 40%) Anyone who can help on this ?

Just strange that VAS has increased even with those two addons mentioned disabled

On a second thought GSX was used as well. Hmm more saved configurations need to be done i guess :-)

Always compromise here :-)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just a heads up.

This Flytampa EKCH is really top notch if you ask me (and i am objectiv offcause as an EKCH-Solrød citizen)  B)

The FPS and overall performance here is great (above 22 to 35 in the NGX) and i did a flight tonight EGLL-EKCH again with VAS at 3.95 but this time everything on Normal and GSX and Vector disabled. LOD 4.5

So aprx. 500MB is used somewhere that i cant explained.GSX whas not used

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi Michael!

Well, I did a full reinstall of P3D after failing in locating the potential VAS-hog. Starting with 3500-3600 MB at gate is unflyable.

Now VAS is showing around 2900-3000 with FS2Crew and GSX activated + normal setting like LOD 4.5, autogen set to normal etc. But I'm closely monitoring VAS usage after every add-on install now so I can identify whats causing the extra 500 MB. 

But yes, I agree. Especially after OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1, FlyTampa Copenhangen runs much smoother.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi,

Lets keep monitoring so we can have a "save" .cfg. Its sad that i lost 3-500mb of VAS even disabling things . I will make a Video later of EKCH which is State of the art (the scenery) if you ask me.

FTX VECTOR is a killer i believe

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Will do. Still have a lot of airports, night environment enhancements and planes to install, so will be watching closely. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

- FTX Global+FTX Norway+Vector+OpenLC

This combo is the killer. Can't run NGX + Addon Airport + FTX Area.

This combo is the killer. Can't run NGX + Addon Airport + FTX Area.

mmm, if you disable many options in Vector you can run in perfectly fine, at least in FSX and especially in FSX:Steam.

In this particular situation, VAS did not drop AT ALL when disabling all of FTX products. Yes, FTX Global will replace all textures so those will still eat up VAS but not OpenLC for instance. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth