Sign in to follow this  
FSProUK

X-Plane 10 - Adding 3D Objects with World2XPlane

I've just added the fourth video in a series on how to improve the scenery in X-Plane 10. This episode shows how to add 3D objects using World2XPlane. The result improves the above ground view for added realism and immersion.

I've just added the fourth video in a series on how to improve the scenery in X-Plane 10. This episode shows how to add 3D objects using World2XPlane. The result improves the above ground view for added realism and immersion.

Brilliant, thanks for doing this. Would you mind if I post a link to this video on the World2XPlane website?

Brilliant, thanks for doing this. Would you mind if I post a link to this video on the World2XPlane website?

Hi Tony - it's a pleasure. Thank YOU for all your hard work on the product! I'd be delighted for you to post a link on the World2XPlane site.

While I have you on the phone, so to speak, I'd LOVE to do a preview on your autogen stuff for the UK. Feel free to IM me if there's anything that can be done.

Thanks.

I have a few issues to resolve with the autogen (plus to add to that my computer died on me), but I'll get back to work on fixing this in the next few days, and will send you a message when it's ready for testing.

Yeah, I'd like you to preview Tony's autogen as well pant pant:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Thank you for putting together these video series. Well done.

Hi Guys,

I have just installed the files for Canada. I followed the tutorial and ordered everything in the scenery_packs.ini correctly.

I did a test flight in the FF 757 leaving Toronto and the fps were horrible, 15 at best sometimes dropping below 10. Without the 4 custom scenery files I am back at a locked 30 fps and everything is silky smooth. I do have HDMesh V3 loaded as well as CYYZ, CYTZ & some custom Toronto scenery. I also tried CYUL and the result was the same.

Any ideas what might be causing this drastic drop in fps?

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hi Guys,

I have just installed the files for Canada. I followed the tutorial and ordered everything in the scenery_packs.ini correctly.

I did a test flight in the FF 757 leaving Toronto and the fps were horrible, 15 at best sometimes dropping below 10. Without the 4 custom scenery files I am back at a locked 30 fps and everything is silky smooth. I do have HDMesh V3 loaded as well as CYYZ, CYTZ & some custom Toronto scenery. I also tried CYUL and the result was the same.

Any ideas what might be causing this drastic drop in fps?

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

Whenever adding visual bling, you almost always have a drop in fps performance. It's very much a case of trying to get the balance right.

When I suffer a major drop in fps, I try disabling HDR as my first option. That usually has a dramatic, positive, effect.