Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FS2Crew 777 Voice

How many here are using the FS2C Voice edition for the 777?

I'm thinking of getting it (my FS2Crew purchase) and  was keen on some objectove feedback.   I've seen Froogle's video on it which looks good, but am concerned about the 'voice training' issue. 

How many here are using the FS2C Voice edition for the 777?

I'm thinking of getting it (my FS2Crew purchase) and  was keen on some objectove feedback.   I've seen Froogle's video on it which looks good, but am concerned about the 'voice training' issue. 

I helped Bryan test that out and get it out the door for both the FSX and P3D versions. It's a very good product, and it definitely adds to the experience.

The voice training thing is pretty simple. You can actually start doing that now, if you'd like, as it's a built-in, Windows tool that FS2Crew just taps into. The voice training isn't so much for you, as much as it's for the computer to understand the way you speak. Since English has many varying accents, it's important that the computer know how to interpret your way of speaking. Windows will run you through prompts as it listens to you. The more you do this, the better it becomes (it will also teach you how to use dictation with Windows, should you ever want to use it).

If you do get it, make sure to sass the ground crew while in the United States. I hear that guy is kind of a jerk...

Kyle Rodgers

I helped Bryan test that out and get it out the door for both the FSX and P3D versions. It's a very good product, and it definitely adds to the experience.

The voice training thing is pretty simple. You can actually start doing that now, if you'd like, as it's a built-in, Windows tool that FS2Crew just taps into. The voice training isn't so much for you, as much as it's for the computer to understand the way you speak. Since English has many varying accents, it's important that the computer know how to interpret your way of speaking. Windows will run you through prompts as it listens to you. The more you do this, the better it becomes (it will also teach you how to use dictation with Windows, should you ever want to use it).

Cheers for that Kyle.  Given that it's now on a special, no harm in going for it.  I'm sure it's pretty awesome on the 777

If you do get it, make sure to sass the ground crew while in the United States. I hear that guy is kind of a jerk...

I have a sneeky suspicion I might have come across him before.  On a forum maybe?   :)

Different FS2Crew edition for me (Airbus), but the voice training should be the same, as Kyle pointed out:

I am German, US English voice training provided good recognition in a short time. To me it seems that command recognition with FS2Crew is better than with "the other voice controlled crew simulation addon".

Works great here, too. As long as you have an English version of Windows then setting it up is really easy. 30 minutes of training the voice recognition and you should be good to go. When using FS2Crew you will notice that Windows might have a hard time understanding specific words. Such as "APU". Then you can go back to the Windows speech recognition and train the system to better recognize those words. Overall, it's a great add-on. It adds a lot to the immersion. However, strictly speaking it is not necessary because in the 777 workloads are still well manageable in single pilot operation. In other add-ons like the Majestic Q400, FS2Crew is almost mandatory as managing this beast alone is a nightmare. But it's also a lot of fun in the 777...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have a sneeky suspicion I might have come across him before.  On a forum maybe?   :)

Maybe  :ph34r:

When you get it, tell him to disconnect some of the ground connections when they're already disconnected. *runs away*

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your help guys.  I can't remember when last I have enjoyed flightsimming as much as I am now with the 777.  It's pretty awesome.

Maybe  :ph34r:

When you get it, tell him to disconnect some of the ground connections when they're already disconnected. *runs away*

lol

I use it, and I will not fly without it.  It's been trouble free for me.

Richard Bansa