Sign in to follow this  
SUBerben

Arduino & FSUIPC

Hello All !

Any of you are using FSUIPC or something else to connect an Arduino board to send outputs (led, annonciators, etc)
If yes, there is a tutorial somewhere and/or some codes exemples ?
I took a look to the PMDG offset documents from the FSUIPC folders, but no idea who to interface that and Lynk2FS don't seem to support PMDG.

Thanks,
Ben

Yep.  Last year I made a overhead switch panel for the 206 using an Arduino board.  Works pretty well.  If you like, I can see if I can't dig up the code.  I used a combination of Lua scripting through FSUIPC as well as the custom scripting that you flash to the board.

However, although I have plans of making a bigger hardware switch panel, I doubt I'll use an Arduino board again.  Neat, but awfully 'clunky' in that you need all this extra stuff just to get it working.  I'll be using a Leo Bodnar board for my next project.

An Arduino board might be better suited to running a LED panel or some such.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks for the reply ! It will be very nice if I can have a look to this code you did to start my project. Let me know if you found it !

For now I'm ok with all input needed using 2 Arduino Mega transformed in MegaJoy. This give me 128 buttons and few axes.
More details about the MegaJoy here (maybe for your next project)
https://code.google.com/p/unojoy/downloads/detail?name=MegaJoy19Jan2013.zip&can=2&q=

Ben,

Hey Ben, thanks to the link to the UnoJoy project. Wasn't familiar with that.  I will have to try it out for sure; if you can easily replicate joystick buttons with it, then there's no need for a Bodnar board, and Unos are cheaper.

I'm stil ltrying to recall on which pc or laptop I stashed that code, but it would seem to me that you really don't need it with the Uno/MegaJoy software.  My project required using sockets and reading input in FSUIPC; it looks like that stuff can be cut out. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.