Sign in to follow this  
pipeorgan

Button control for the Heads-Up-Display

I have recently purchased the PMDG 737 NGX FOR P3DV2.5 and would like to say how pleased I am that I did as the aircraft, documentation and tutorials are all superb. The learning curve to fly it properly however is quite steep although I was pleased to find how easy it is to hand fly it, just to get going.

I really like the Heads-up display and would like to know how I could operate it via a joystick button. Don't seem to be able to find a keyboard button or combination etc so any help would be appreciated.

I really like the Heads-up display and would like to know how I could operate it via a joystick button. Don't seem to be able to find a keyboard button or combination etc so any help would be appreciated.

Just go into PMDG SETUP > SIMULATION > KEY COMMANDS and use the NEXT PAGE button on the CDU to cycle through until you see HUG or HGS or HUGS (something obviously head up display-related) and select it. On the next page, there should be a selection for COMBINER DOWN/STOW (or similar). Set a key command. Attach that key command to the joystick button (via a joystick keystroke mapper or FSUIPC).

Also, full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I use the click spot on the window pillar to the left of the combiner. And it's not too picky as to

where you click. About halfway up on the pillar always seems to do the trick.

Thanks guys for the very helpful responses, all sorted now. 

Yes I had been using the click spot for the Hud which is excellent I but prefer to have it on my joystick. 

Wow the FMC setup option is very powerful but as a newbe to the PMDG 737NGX it took me a while to figure out to press the exec to assign the new key-press combination .I am only mentioning this as although it may be obvious to many it may help someone struggling as I was.  :Doh: