Hello:

I have a new PC and have installed FSX OK along with my sceneries and aircraft. One of my favourite aircraft is the PMDG JS4100 Jetstream. I can't get the flap lever to go down past flaps 9 and I can't retract flaps at all. I am using windows 7. Oddly, the flap button on my Saitek yoke works with all my other aircraft just fine. I have tried deleting the button in FSX settings and re-assigning it, but that didn't work. I hope someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. the flap lever just jumps a bit when the flap button is pushed, like it wants to work but can't.

Thank you,

Bob

Have you tried reloading the aircraft after a default FSX aircraft was the initial loaded aircraft into the sim? Sometimes it gets buggy when starting off a saved flight. Only time I've noticed flaps not retracting all the way is if I forgot to retract them all the way then shut down the aircraft. It can't go lower then flaps 9. But after I start the aircraft it can. I use FS2Crew so the co pilot does my flaps. You can try using the F5, F6, F7, F8 keys to see if you can narrow it down a bit. 

One of the PMDG J41 golden rules is that you don't load make it the default flight or load it cold and dark. Once you've ruled those out, then you can look at controller conflicts.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks to R Hardman and ckyliu for your prompt suggestions. I tried redoing the settings thing for the umpteenth time. I don't know what i managed to fix but the darn thing works now. Hopefully it will continue to work. Bugs sometimes are evasive and suddenly after trying several to fix things several times it starts working, go figure!!   Anyway, i appreciate your replies, blue skies to you. By the way.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks to R Hardman and ckyliu for your prompt suggestions. I tried redoing the settings thing for the umpteenth time. I don't know what i managed to fix but the darn thing works now. Hopefully it will continue to work. Bugs sometimes are evasive and suddenly after trying several to fix things several times it starts working, go figure!!   Anyway, i appreciate your replies, blue skies to you. By the way.

Cheers,

Bob

Full names in the PMDG forums please Bob, thanks.

There is an answer in the AOM that I recall but not the exact page.  The flaps will extend only as far as 9 without hydraulics.  No bug, just the way it works.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don´t think that this is a hardware issue.

downscc is right, you operating the flaps with lack of hydraulic pressure is not possible.

So if you do the test and try to drop the flaps with engines not running, you may get Flaps 9, as long as there is some residual pressure in the hydraulic system.

But as soon as this energy is spent, there is no up or down.

Even with engine(s) running you can make the test: Try to raise or lower the flaps with the hydraulic LP valves shut (just below the pressurisation controls), this will cause the same behaviour.

Best regards,

Richard Butej