Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Q about AA

So Im currently an FSX DX10 user, I use 8x AA in the Fixer and 8xSGSS with NVI. I run a 2500K @4.8 w/GTX 970 GPU. I great very good FPS in FSX and almost no shimmering....even from Addon Airports, even when I fly in heavy cloud cover it doesnt seem to affect my performance much.

One of the best parts about my setup is that my NGX DU's are very very clear and easy to read, I use no HDR or Shader addons at all (ie Shade, ENB, SweetFX).

My question is, since I'm thinking of moving over to P3D, can I get that same level AA, with the performance and still having a great clear picture as I do in FSX?

Best Regards
Ronald.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I dunno, you decide.

Prepar3d v2.5 patched, GTN 750, Fly Tampa St. Maarten, Sunset approach into St Barts, my first landing into St Barts with my brandy new RealAir P3d Duke Turbine V2, and return to Princess Julianna (TNCM).

...be sure to click once on the picture until the youtube logo shows up and to click on that so you can watch in the highest res, 1080P.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas, you've smoked for 52 years? Did I read that right in your profile?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

yes sir, you read that right!

... haven't had a cigarette since July 3, 2013.

Vaping is the way… Grin

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

O good for you Chas, I'm trying to quit myself. Wish me luck!

Ron Hamilton

The landing was..errmmm...did you catch the part of that bush? :o

But in my opinion, the AA is really bad. Look at the airport in the distance (at the beginning of the video).

Btw. can't reach AA-levels of FSX in P3D. If you crank SGSS up to 8x, the performance will drop so much, it will bring FPS down even in the lighter cloud-coverage. And it won't look as nearly as good as in FSX. You need a combination of 8xS and SGSS, and 8xS isn't working in P3D.

The landing was..errmmm...did you catch the part of that bush? :o

But in my opinion, the AA is really bad. Look at the airport in the distance (at the beginning of the video).

Btw. can't reach AA-levels of FSX in P3D. If you crank SGSS up to 8x, the performance will drop so much, it will bring FPS down even in the lighter cloud-coverage. And it won't look as nearly as good as in FSX. You need a combination of 8xS and SGSS, and 8xS isn't working in P3D.

really? Why can't we get the same AA, my AA is amazing in FSX!

Ron Hamilton